Dimension Zero

C-Taylor

Conscious Insanity
Mar 28, 2003
www.stonesourroe.tk
I'm sure there has been topics before about them, but whatever :)

They rock, I got a hold of their album there about 3 hours ago and have listened to it about twice, and for the third time now. Fucking brilliant. The starting track rocks so much.

anyway, What would you rate this band out of 10? And do you think they are better than Passenger and In Flames?

I give them a solid 8/10, their better than Passenger, but not better than In Flames :)

They are a great band but certainly not better than In Flames. As for Passenger, I think Dimension Zero is a bit too different from them, so it's hard to say, albeit I enjoy Passenger very much.

Dimension Zero is one of my favorite bands and i have all their shit (cds,shirts etc.). I love this fucking band and PENETRATIONS FROM THE LOST WORLD is the best Ep ever! Fredrik Johannson(ex- Dark Tranquillity) did the solos so imagine how good the solos are.

Yeah.. Dimension Zero Fucking rules... they are soo much like in flames... in the vocals and some other things. Yet, they have a unique style...

In Flames has 7 albums
Dimenzion Zero only 2 so far.

And passenger its so difrent... so you can't compare.
But i still like In Flames more than Dimesion Zero and Passenger :) Matter of tastes

Jester Jake said:
Dimension Zero is one of my favorite bands and i have all their shit (cds,shirts etc.). I love this fucking band and PENETRATIONS FROM THE LOST WORLD is the best Ep ever! Fredrik Johannson(ex- Dark Tranquillity) did the solos so imagine how good the solos are.

There are 2 different Fredriks and the guy who did the solos is NOT the ex-Dark Tranquillity player and that's a fact!

Dimension Zero - AWESOME. Absolutely fucking great band. I certainly don't find In Flames and Dimension Zero vocals to be similar at all though [MAYBE the old In Flames stuff]. I'd choose Dimension Zero over In Flames any day of the week.

I've always thought that Dimension Zero is what In Flames SHOULD be today. Actually, the only member of In Flames I have respect for anymore is Jesper, and thats basically because he's in Dimension Zero. :)

Silent night fever is a brilliant album. but their singer reminds me of the At The Gates singer, I wouldnt be suprised if it was (I dont know the history of the band :p )

Dimension Zero are really cool, but they're a bit different to In Flames. They're more thrashy I'd say. Although songs like "Your Darkest Hour" are very In Flames-like. I guess that if you don't like where In Flames went, then Dimension Zero is a band to check out. The album has some great songs but a few that aren't quite so amazing. But blah, I'm not moaning, it's a very cool album. I don't know why they didn't add some solos though. The EP had some cool solos. Why omit them on the album? Especially when "Through The Virgin Sky" was re-recorded for Silent Night Fever. Anyway, looking forward to the new one.

Reactions: JesteR-7
Moonshield said:
Dimension Zero are really cool, but they're a bit different to In Flames. They're more thrashy I'd say. Although songs like "Your Darkest Hour" are very In Flames-like. I guess that if you don't like where In Flames went, then Dimension Zero is a band to check out. The album has some great songs but a few that aren't quite so amazing. But blah, I'm not moaning, it's a very cool album. I don't know why they didn't add some solos though. The EP had some cool solos. Why omit them on the album? Especially when "Through The Virgin Sky" was re-recorded for Silent Night Fever. Anyway, looking forward to the new one.

I think the same. :)

I swaer to fuck that singer reminds me of At The Gates :/ knowing my luck it probably is the same singer or something which will make me look like an idiot :)

The singer is that Jocke Gothberg guy who sang with In Flames for a brief period, Subterrranean perhaps? Or maybe just an isolated track. And I heard somewhere he sang with Marduk but I'm not sure about that.
This is the singer on Silent Night Fever, have they got a new release?