DIMMU BORGIR FAN PLEASE CHIME IN: GEAR QUESTIONS.

2962MARCUS

New Metal Member
May 19, 2006
I am loving the guitar tones on Puritanical and I was just wondering if anybody knew what amps were used on that album. I know that they use Powerballs now, but I have owned two and have never been able to get a sound so crushing. The liner notes say that Silenoz uses Marshall amps and Boss preamps and Galder uses Marshall amps and Digitech preamps. Yea, but what model. I would be very greatful if anybody could give this newbe some insight into this. Cheers. Marcus

yeah, the guitar tones are great on that album, very thick. Can't specify any models, but there is some studio footage on their DVD they released a little bit back from that particular album, Galder is recording a little section and maybe it shows the amp while he's playing, I don't know. maybe someone else can help though. I don't want to go watch it right now.

I'm almost 100% positive that Dimmu Borgir now uses Engl amps, Powerball's I believe? I hate Dimmu Borgir but those Engl's sound fucking tight. If they were using Marshalls, it was either JCM800's or JCM2000's. If you're looking to buy, go for the Engl or a modified JCM800.

I was saying just before how i think this album has probably the best guitar tone ive ever heard. I also like Soilwork's 'Stabbing The Drama'

Unfortauntly i can't help on any answers regarding the gear, but if someone knows please let me know also! haha I'd love to have that sound!