Dimmu Borgir video - help

dolphz

Black Heart
Aug 21, 2001
Elmhurst, Ill. USA
Visit site
I am not a follower of Dimmu Borgir but I saw a video on a local metal video show last night (Rock Hard Video, Chicago) from Dimmu Borgir that was awesome, and I can't remember the name of the song. I think it was a one-word title, and the video was from a live show. Anyone have any idea what song it was? Thanks.
PS-By the way, what is the best Dimmu cd to start with if I am going to get into them?

Originally posted by dolphz
I am not a follower of Dimmu Borgir but I saw a video on a local metal video show last night (Rock Hard Video, Chicago) from Dimmu Borgir that was awesome, and I can't remember the name of the song. I think it was a one-word title, and the video was from a live show. Anyone have any idea what song it was? Thanks.
PS-By the way, what is the best Dimmu cd to start with if I am going to get into them?

Enthrone darkness triumphant.

Originally posted by dolphz

It depends... If you prefer poorly produced and more atmospheric black metal, you should try their first 2 albums ( For All Tid and Stormblast ).
But if you're more into well produced black metal , i recommend you any of their albums released by Nuclear Blast.

It was probably Spellbound (By the Devil); actually its a pretty good vid, and yes it is live. As for the best of their albums, definitely Stormblast....nothing else really even comes close...

I'd say more, but i gtg...

~Kovenant (in a rush)

The song you talk of is quite possible "Puritania". The best Dimmu to start with in my opinion is Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia, and then Enthrone Darkness Triumphant.