Dimmu Borgir...

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
Norwegian black metallers DIMMU BORGIR are strongly rumored to have parted ways with drummer Nick Barker (ex-CRADLE OF FILTH, LOCK UP).

The group, who recently cancelled their Japanese/Australian tour, have yet to officially comment on the matter.

Barker joined DIMMU BORGIR in 1999 as a replacement for original drummer Tjodalv (a.k.a. Kenneth Åkesson). He has since appeared on two full-length studio albums with the band: "Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia" (2001, Nuclear Blast) and "Death Cult Armageddon" (2003, Nuclear Blast).

Hmm... The Dimmu Borgir website has been down since they announced the Japan and Australian tours were cancelled... Perhaps they didnt have a drummer.

Bah! This sucks, Nicks drumming is beyond phenomenal on PEM and DCA, I dont think anyone could possibly fill in for him, he is one of a kind. He never seems to stay in one band for long though :cry:

DIMMU BORGIR publicist Maria Ferrero has confirmed that drummer Nick Barker has left the band. No further information is available at this time, but details will be announced as soon as they become available.

Maybe they can contact Peter "Blastbeat" Criss, I hear he isnt doing much these days.

Goreripper said:
That's because he's an arsehole.
Ive been reading that a lot, apparently he beats up other band members, I dont know if thats why he got thrown out of Dimmu though.

Galder poked him with a pointy guitar by mistake in their dvd and Nick didnt smash him through the floor, maybe it was an off night :)

Not as long as they keep attacking poor Godzilla every time he goes for a stroll.

Yeah, the songs he wrote were certainly the best ones Dimmu... HANG ON, HE DIDNT WRITE A THING!

Everyone knows the best thing about Dimmu Borgir is the cool scary faces they pull at concerts and the fact that they drive tr00 black metallers absolutely mental.

He is very awesome! :headbang: I wish he wouldnt beat up band members though, he was the perfect drummer for Dimmu :cry: