Dimmu Borgir

ThraxSA

Apr 10, 2005
Got a couple of albums of their's - Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia and Death Cult Armageddon.

Symphonic Black Metal - the sound is awesome !!!

Anyone else heard them or am I alone here ?

You aint alone mate. I have both those records and have become a fan over the last few years. Looking forward to their newie soon, too.

They kick ass. Most new metal bands don't do shit for me, but I am really impressed with them. They're out on tour now, will hit my city in May, and I have every intention of buying tickets as soon as they're available.

They kick ass. Most new metal bands don't do shit for me, but I am really impressed with them. They're out on tour now, will hit my city in May, and I have every intention of buying tickets as soon as they're available.

Yer, shame they are not coming to Adelaide (south oz) ... are they that 'new' ?

I have only heard the two that I previously mentioned - the first song of their's I heard was 'Kings of the Carnival Creation' and thought that it was a killer track.

I picked up DCA yesterday too. I'd already heard it several times from downloading it first, but it's a fuckass album so I had to go buy it. Which front cover version did you get? Mine has this awesome new cover I've never seen before;

cd2004m13.JPG

Much better than the standard pentagram cover imo. I'm well chuffed. :kickass:

But has anyone else heard the new one, In Sorte Diaboli? That one hasn't been able to grab me as much as DCA so far, actually it's pretty boring in comparison.

Yer, shame they are not coming to Adelaide (south oz) ... are they that 'new' ?

Well they're new for me. Most metal bands I listen to are from the 80's and early 90's, and after grunge, alternative, nu-metal, poser punk, and emo ass-raped the music scene, it's difficult for a new band to come along that I like.

hmmm... I don't like this kind of music. I don't like Dimmu Borgir
And I just can understand people with image like that...They think that they're cool?
Anthrax is cool...they're wearing that same clothes on stage which they're wearing on the street.
But I don't like this band (Dimmu) not becuase of their image...I just don't like them because...I don't like them :D

I'm gonna have to give them another try I guess. I downloaded a couple of their songs recomended to me a fews years ago and wasn't impressed. I swear their singer's voice reminded me of Popeye the sailor.

Yer, for me it is all about the music - I have heard other black metal but nothing so far is overly impressive for my taste .....