DINGWALL BASS NKI!!!

Sounds fantastic to me! Any plans on making some video demonstrations of how you use it?

Awesome. I might buy this eventually.

Are there any articulations besides sustains? Round robin sampling? I know you said multisampled....but it seems as if different people have different definitions for that.

I just want a little more info. I bought another Dingwall NKI about a year ago and have been feeling a bit burned by that, no offense to the guy who made it.

Would it be possible to share some isolated clean DI examples?

Last edited:
Sounds fantastic to me! Any plans on making some video demonstrations of how you use it?
Probably won't make a video as it is just as simple as having Kontakt, loading the instrument, typing in midi then you have bass!

Awesome. I might buy this eventually.

Are there any articulations besides sustains? Round robin sampling? I know you said multisampled....but it seems as if different people have different definitions for that.

I just want a little more info. I bought another Dingwall NKI about a year ago and have been feeling a bit burned by that, no offense to the guy who made it.

Would it be possible to share some isolated clean DI examples?
If you're definition of round robin is samples being played one after the other then yes, it is round robin. No sample gets played twice,once the 10 up/downstroke sequence has been played through, then it goes back to sample 1. There is now a clean DI uploaded to the page for you to process as you like! :)

Probably won't make a video as it is just as simple as having Kontakt, loading the instrument, typing in midi then you have bass!

If you're definition of round robin is samples being played one after the other then yes, it is round robin. No sample gets played twice,once the 10 up/downstroke sequence has been played through, then it goes back to sample 1. There is now a clean DI uploaded to the page for you to process as you like! :)
Thanks sir! I may purchase this. Money's kinda funny right now.

Lets discuss :) what do you think of it? because anything i say is obviously biased haha

Well, if I'm being completely honest, I'm not a fan. The pick attack is really awkward and undefined in my opinion.
As a whole the DI sounds really stifled and "stuffy" in the mids as well. Sure, I could easily EQ the DI before doing any further processing, but for $50-70 I would expect extreme clarity and punch from something like this.
If I want to use a bass vsti that needs tweaking and processing before I can even begin mixing I'll stick with Zombass or something like FTS Edge which is a fraction of the price.

Again, that's just my opinion. I'm sure you'll make plenty of sales as evidenced above.

Well, if I'm being completely honest, I'm not a fan. The pick attack is really awkward and undefined in my opinion.
As a whole the DI sounds really stifled and "stuffy" in the mids as well. Sure, I could easily EQ the DI before doing any further processing, but for $50-70 I would expect extreme clarity and punch from something like this.
If I want to use a bass vsti that needs tweaking and processing before I can even begin mixing I'll stick with Zombass or something like FTS Edge which is a fraction of the price.

Again, that's just my opinion. I'm sure you'll make plenty of sales as evidenced above.
Have you tried playing with the DI sample? I think the pick attack thing is because the strings are actually the right gauge. Many of the other Bass instruments you can hear the string slap. If thats is what youre after then thats cool but as the string slaps the low end also wobbles whereas with this bass i feel the low end is full and consistent throughout.

Have you tried playing with the DI sample? I think the pick attack thing is because the strings are actually the right gauge. Many of the other Bass instruments you can hear the string slap. If thats is what youre after then thats cool but as the string slaps the low end also wobbles whereas with this bass i feel the low end is full and consistent throughout.

No, I only checked out the samples you had up initially.
I'll have to take a look at the DI sample, I suppose.
Also, since I don't have the NKI in front of me to judge it could also be the velocities you programmed at that I'm not liking.