Dio bash Ozzy

Meanwhile, Dio claims that the Sacred Heart tune "King of Rock N Roll" is an ode to Ozzy, a tribute of sorts.....I believe he reiterates this in the recent 2CD collection he released a few years back.

Anyway, I love Dio to death. He's immortal, he's legend.

But with that said, the current incarnation of Ozzy doesn't remove the fact that he, too, is (or was?) a metal god in his own right. His solo work has been mostly great. And no words need to be mentioned regarding Sabbath.

Let it rest...

J-Dubya 777 said:
Grumpier Old Men III - The Metal Years......:tickled: :D
(what a movie that could be!)
J-Dubya

:lol: :lol: :lol:

An instant buy when it came out on DVD for the deleted scenes and bloopers! Man, that'd be great!

SoundMaster said:
Meanwhile, Dio claims that the Sacred Heart tune "King of Rock N Roll" is an ode to Ozzy, a tribute of sorts.

I always though it was about Elvis :heh:

Wyvern said:
No shit, he did that? I know he departed finally BS in cold terms, but hey everybody knows that "Dehumanizer" was put out in the middle of lots of cash. After all Tony Martin was doing fine in the Sab field, was no need to bring back any of the former singers. So the whole affair was about $$$, pretty silly to blame anyone for anything.
Moreover "Dehumanizer" it's a great album and maybe it tank in sells but never in quality or respect of the fans.
Hmm, I thought Dio was more professional on that field, well there goes another myth of mine :p
I don't think Dio ever bashed the other Sabs, he even invited Geezer to play BS songs live a few years after Dehumanizer, and he's working with Tony on some bonus stuff for a compilation right now.
I know Dio disagreed with the way Sabbath's career was handled, and they also had an argument about Live at Last which eventually led to the split, but I've never heard him bashing Iommi or Geezer or Ward. And Iommi is still his favorite guitar player.

He probably said it to aggrivate Sharon or someting, imo Ozzy has nothing on Dio so there's no need for jealousy, he just threw a flyer out there. Next thing we'll hear is how much more sucessful than Dio, Ozzy was, out of HER mouth.

Fangface said:
and they also had an argument about Live at Last which eventually led to the split, but I've never heard him bashing Iommi or Geezer or Ward. And Iommi is still his favorite guitar player.

Why "Live At Last"? First it's a live album with Ozzy, second it's not as good as "Live Evil" IMO, and third until the Castle reissue used to have a terrible sound (production).

Anyway you always learn things in the forums :D

I actually don't mind hearing things like that. Music is entertainment, and we don't have a (printed) version of the National Enquirer for Metal, so why not a smidgen of dirt every now and then? That's not to say that my mind is totally in the gutter all the time, but really what's the big deal?

Really, what did Dio say that was so far off base anyways? His quote pretty much hit the nail on the head if you ask me. Ozzy's voice has been shot for over 10 years now, and the whole water-dumping, jumping-jacks, ass-showing routine is so played out it's not even funny. Dio is a true musician, he plays a number of instruments and has a voice that Ozzy wishes he has ever had. All I have to say to Ozzy is: Rainbow live in 1975.

Say what now, Ozz?

Wyvern said:
I'm against musicians bashing musicians. And I'm surprised someone like Dio jump on that wagon, but I totally agree with him on this one.

What's your thought?

I agree and disagree. Ozzy has certainly become a caricature of himself, but who cares ? He is too shot out to make good music anymore. I say let him have his fun being stupid. Ozzy never "sold out" or anything, he just lost so many brain cells that now Sharon manipulates him like a puppet for money. He doesn't know any better.

Bryant

Bryant said:
I agree and disagree. Ozzy has certainly become a caricature of himself, but who cares ? He is too shot out to make good music anymore. I say let him have his fun being stupid. Ozzy never "sold out" or anything, he just lost so many brain cells that now Sharon manipulates him like a puppet for money. He doesn't know any better.

Bryant

Perfectly stated! I agree 100%.

Ozzy is still one of metal's immortals, even if he has become an example of self-parody! :Spin:

Wyvern said:
Why "Live At Last"? First it's a live album with Ozzy, second it's not as good as "Live Evil" IMO, and third until the Castle reissue used to have a terrible sound (production).

Anyway you always learn things in the forums :D
Damn me, I thought "Live Evil" and typed "Live at Last". :err: See, age already takes its toll!

Anyway I agree 100% with Walter, it's no big deal IMO. Even though Sharon deserves way more bashing and mockery than Ozzy :D

Fangface said:
Damn me, I thought "Live Evil" and typed "Live at Last". :err: See, age already takes its toll!

:lol: Sorry Flo, I thought he was bashing LAT. Now it clarified doesn't surprise me either LE it's not a big deal as a live album. Even "Reunion" which is way more polished and executed had flaws that drive me off. I guess BS will never had a really good live album in the vein of "Unleashed In The East", "Alive & Dangerous", or "No Sleep 'Til Hammersmith"

Even though Sharon deserves way more bashing and mockery than Ozzy :D

Needless to say, I'll call it a sacred duty :heh:

I'm not against Musicians bashing musicians... I think they have as much right to express negative feelings for band as they do positive. And he's right... Ozzy's a fuckin' joke.