Dio-era Sabbath...

I need to own more Dio-era Sabbath. By more I mean any at all, I don't even have Heaven and Hell. [/queer]

I think Heaven and Hell just edges out Mob Rules. Not very familiar w/ Dehumanizer,although that's really a different era. Live Evil kicks ass, of course.

"Heaven And Hell" is probably the best, but "Mob Rules" has the best Dio era song - "Falling OF The Edge Of The World" that is. Both albums are fuckin essential classics and reign supreme. "Dehumanizer" is a load of crap. "Live Evil" is very good too, but Dio's voice on Ozzy era songs just doesnt work.

I haven't heard that, but after hearing him do War Pigs, I don't expect much.

Edit: Ah, Children of the Sea. Maybe that would be a different story. I read "Grave" the first time through.

Rob Halford w/ Bullring Brummies doing The Wizard = win. Even if they totally changed the riffs.

One Inch Man said:
Rob Halford w/ Bullring Brummies doing The Wizard = win. Even if they totally changed the riffs.
No shit, that song rules. The only tribute album song that comes close is Shandi's Addiction (guys from Tool and RATM) doing Calling Dr. Love. Totally reworked.

matt99_crew said:
No shit, that song rules. The only tribute album song that comes close is Shandi's Addiction (guys from Tool and RATM) doing Calling Dr. Love. Totally reworked.
I should probably hear this, I vaguely remember hearing about it some years back but never checked it out. *paging e-mule*

That whole Nativity in Black album is tits. Except stupid Therapy? playing the breakdown to Iron Man wrong, that always bugged me.

One Inch Man said:
That whole Nativity in Black album is tits. Except stupid Therapy? playing the breakdown to Iron Man wrong, that always bugged me.

They even play the main riff wrong.

Listen to Rhoads playing Iron Man/Children of the Grave on "Tribute". Then listen to Wylde playing Sweet Leaf/War Pigs on "Just Say Ozzy EP". Those are all OUTSTANDING Sabbath versions.

One Inch Man said:
I should probably hear this, I vaguely remember hearing about it some years back but never checked it out. *paging e-mule*
I’ll email you that bitch. While I’m at it, I’ve been meaning to ask you if you’ve every heard Sixty Watt Shaman. Some of the members have gone on to form The Mighty Nimbus, if you’re familiar w/ them (and you should be). I’m pretty sure SWS would necessitate a change of pants for you. The stuff you like–southern and mean.

JayKeeley said:
Has anybody heard Rob Halford singing "Children of the Sea" with Sabbath? Is anyone interested?

I have the set :)

Heaven & Hell is most triumphant. Mob Rules is definately worth hearing after. Live Evil is cool (I love the way Dio says "I am Iron Man!" :D). Dehumanizer is poo.