Dio news...

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
ElectricBasement.com report that more details have surfaced in regards to DIO’s new studio album, Master Of The Moon, due out through Sanctuary in September.

While speaking with Classic Rock, Ronnie James Dio commented that some of the lyrics are "cynical" and "political", with the music being a mixture of uptempo and doomy tracks.

Song titles mentioned for the release include: ‘The Man Who Would Be
King’, ‘Living A Lie’ and ‘The End of the World’.

As previously reported, Master Of The Moon will be issued in September via Sanctuary Records (SPV in Europe), following a European summer tour.

The touring lineup of the band will be Ronnie James Dio on vocals, Craig Goldy on guitar, Simon Wright on drums and Rudy Sarzo on bass. They are all considered permanent members at this point.

New Dio! :headbang: Even if the songs are mostly filler like the last album (though it had 3 or 4 good songs, and Killing The Dragon is a classic :headbang: ), it doesnt matter, his voice is so amazing you can just listen to that and ignore the songs :)

I thought Magica was a lot better :headbang: As Long As Its Not About Love, Fever Dreams and Lord Of The Last Day were awesome, and there was one other one I cant remember the name of...

Magica - Lord Of The Last Day, Fever Dreams, Turn To Stone (which is pretty average), As Long As It's Not About Love, Losing My Insanity

Killing The Dragon - Killing The Dragon, Along Comes A Spider, Better In The Dark, Before The Fall (although the keyboard solo is shit), Push.

Feed my Head is the best song on Magica. The solo is awesome :headbang:

All is lost
Hope is dead
Free my mind (?)
Feed My head

I loved Magica when it first came out. Fuckin loved it. Havnt listened to it in a few years though. What is the song towards the end of the album that starts with a bit of an Irish Jig type guitar passage. That is cool too. The concept of tha album isnt that great IMO. Certainly no Operation Mindcrime or SFAM anyway

That's Losing My Insanity, and that passage is the highlight of the album. :)