• Bruce Dickinson

Votes: 32 68.1%

• Total voters

Triumphant Apostle

Disciple Of The Watch
Dec 8, 2001
St.Paul, MN
Visit site
Who is a better singer in your opinion? I am a big fan of both, but I would say Dio by far. He is my favorite singer of all time and is one of the very few singers out there that has perfect pitch ALL OF THE TIME!

Originally posted by Board
I don't!

C'mon.... this is a TOUGH choice!!! Both are excellent vocalists.. However, I guess what pushed me over to Dio's side was looking back at his entire body of work... Not only his solo stuff, but the material from Elf, Black Sabbath, Rainbow.. Plus if you remember he was the one who organised Hear-n-Aid.... So other things did come into play aside from vocal range / ability.

I have the first Rainbow record and Dio's vocal is probably okay I guess, but nothing extraordinary IMO. It's not that I think Bruce matches someone like Marvin Gaye, but he's one of the only metal singers I would consider saying that he sings good! Okay, the Rainbow record is the only Dio related thing that I really have heard. I've heard some of his 80's solo stuff as well, but the music sucked pretty bad as far as I recall, so it didn't consider listening any further to it.

Bruce Dickinson. I like Dio n' all, but Bruce is the quintessential Metal frontman.

If had to form a band, and put on ONE show before I died, and I could choose any vocalist in the world--it would be Bruce Dickinson in his prime. Many others would make a fine choice, including RJD, but I would go with Bruce.

--S