Direct your criticism here

Jaggezz

New Metal Member
Jul 25, 2004
Hey guys. I'm new.

I'd just like to ask you to listen to my band's recording, and tell me what we can do to make it better.

My studio consists of this computer, Sonar Producer's Edition, Some mics, a mixer, Digitech RP200 pedal (or something) and a few other things I can't remember. We just threw it together recentley.

The music was recorded in a more professional studio, that's why it's of better quality than the vocals.

Anyways, check it out : Heschent

ANY advice or criticism is appreciated.

Thanks.

Sounds pretty cool. Nice guitar work.
I think that you need to bring the kick drum up a little. Sounds a little flat. Also some dynamic compression to tie it all together betterand make it punch harder. Other than that it sounds good. Nice job.

DIOBOLIC5150 said:
Sounds pretty cool. Nice guitar work.
I think that you need to bring the kick drum up a little. Sounds a little flat. Also some dynamic compression to tie it all together betterand make it punch harder. Other than that it sounds good. Nice job.

Thanks. The drums aren't real though. Which, blows. They're from "Drumkit From Hell"

What about the vocal levels and sound? That's what I was gettin at. What do you think could be improved there?

Also, what's a good program for dynamic compression? How can I go about doing that?

Jaggezz said:
Thanks. The drums aren't real though. Which, blows. They're from "Drumkit From Hell"

What about the vocal levels and sound? That's what I was gettin at. What do you think could be improved there?

Also, what's a good program for dynamic compression? How can I go about doing that?

Ummn, there weren't any vocals on the song I downloaded. Maybe there on the streaming version? :confused:

DIOBOLIC5150 said:
Ummn, there weren't any vocals on the song I downloaded. Maybe there on the streaming version? :confused:
''

Eh. Try again, they should definately be up now.

I dig the style. Like Sepultra from the Schizo days. The only problem is the way they are mixed. They are drowned in midrange frequencies. What did you use to record them with? It kind of sounds like you just dropped them on the song. They need to blend in more. I wish I could give better advice but, I'm still trying to figure out a good way to record my vox to fit better with the music.

Anyone got any tips on vocal production?? What frequency range would best fit this track... http://www.hxcmp3.com/Marro ...sorry to be a thread hog but I too need some tips. hehe..

DIOBOLIC5150 said:
I dig the style. Like Sepultra from the Schizo days. The only problem is the way they are mixed. They are drowned in midrange frequencies. What did you use to record them with? It kind of sounds like you just dropped them on the song. They need to blend in more. I wish I could give better advice but, I'm still trying to figure out a good way to record my vox to fit better with the music.

Anyone got any tips on vocal production?? What frequency range would best fit this track... http://www.hxcmp3.com/Marro ...sorry to be a thread hog but I too need some tips. hehe..

Thanks alot. Yea, I've been messing around alot with the mixing. I agree they need to blend in more, and I've been trying to get advice on how to do that. I would die if Andy gave me some advice! Comeon dude!