Recording equipment, HELP PLEASE!

Andy only uses one, as do MANY other pro's. The tone is decided by the mic placement(other than the amp settings), so just experiment till you find the best spot.

Thanx Exsanguis, I needed to hear that, so did my wallet (less mics and preamps to buy :))

Brett, I know I won't sound like em with such cheap gear, just a humble approximation will suffice... hehehe

Oh, besides ART, are there any other cheap mic preamps available with similar characteristics and good reputations?

For cheap pres, the low end Presonus ones aren't a bad place to start. Maybe just keep it simple and get the Blue Tube (2 channels) and feed it into the Audiophile's 2 analog ins. The other 2 input channels on the Audiophile are s/pdif, fyi.

I would recommend a cheap mixer, mainly for signal routing for monitoring purposes, but it's not a necessity for you at this point. I got a cheesy Soundcrap Compact4, and I love the little bugger. Very well designed for 1-2 input computer recording.

DURBANS said:
Thanx Exsanguis, I needed to hear that, so did my wallet (less mics and preamps to buy :))

Brett, I know I won't sound like em with such cheap gear, just a humble approximation will suffice... hehehe

Oh, besides ART, are there any other cheap mic preamps available with similar characteristics and good reputations?

hey the studio projects vtb1 i think its called is a cool, inexpensive preamp(like $130.00usd new). i think its cool because a.) it sounds good and B.) its got a tube that you can totally blend from full solid state to full tube which i think is pretty cool for guitar cause depending on the amp you can tweak it so it suits the amp. its not the greatest preamp but i think its one of the coolest cheap preamps for guitars. i think the art preamps are really cool too. they have that two channel digital one that might come in handy digital input wise later on.

Cool, I'll check 'em out.

Problem is that I live in Peru (south america) and we don't get much (if any) good equipment. Do you guys know of any store that will ship internationally?

Oh, did you guys heard our cover from Megadeth by the way?