Dirk Verbeuren new Megadeth drummer!

Heabow

More cowbell!
Aug 24, 2011
France
I'm very happy for him while I am "sad" that he leaves Soilwork (or probably will). He is a phenomenal drummer, an awesome musician and a really really nice guy. Megadeth is quite simple drum wise but I'm sure his touch will bring some fresh air in their music.

http://www.megadeth.com/news/welcome-dirk-verbeuren-megadeths-new-drummer

And for those who don't know him and his incredible work in his own band Scarve, here you go:

I think it's pretty cool that he joined Megadeth. Im sure he could use the extra income that a high profile gig like this affords. He will probably hang around for 3-5 years like everyone else and go back too doing more underground technical stuff.

I'm sure he will keep recording albums for underground bands but it is clear that he is no longer in the 'technical run' at all costs.

Boo hiss. Sure a pay raise and all that, but I can't imagine it being anything more than a hired gun for the "Dave show" and he'll be out just as fast as any other rotation the band sees. Was really hoping Soilwork would be back at it, Ride Majestic was a slamming album.

You could hear the touch from Chris Adler in the last album, so I am confident that even though Megadeth is quite simple drum wise, he'll be able to bring in his own sound to the band. At least I hope!

Chris is a different breed of drummer than Nick was, Nick almost had a vibey rock feel to his playing and I think Dirk's a better fit in that regard than Chris was. Although, him not being in Soilwork is a huge bummer but I think Bastian Thusgaard will do just fine based on what i've seen from him so far.