Disabled AC/DC fan impaled at Brisbane concert

Now the extremists are going to try and ban moshing and the next thing you know, concerts in general :puke:

Now the extremists are going to try and ban moshing and the next thing you know, concerts in general :puke:

It was at banned at PPUSA this year, and I, quite frankly, could not have been happier. Moshing is retarded. Nothing like having a 450 lb guy try to get into it to remind you "hey, I could get seriously fucking hurt".

I've been in the pit at Slayer - it was my first and last time in a pit.

They're not going to ban concerts, especially not over a freak tragedy such as the one at this AC/DC show. Will they overreact? Maybe. But this is Australia, not Saudi Arabia.

At small venues such as clubs that just have standing floor room, find your spot... what is annoying about the moshers that come to old school metal or more progressive shows that just dont draw the moshing crowd like Thrash is this handful of moshers want to become the show itself and dominate the area in front of the band which is the best place to stand for those that came to SEE THE BAND, not perform themselves. Should you have started out with a great standing spot you will get slammed into until you give up your place. This is what went on at the Symphony X concert I went too. 10 youthful inconsiderates eventually cleared most of the area in front of the stage and dominated a area that could easily stand 50-100 people... that spent good money to SEE THE BAND.

They're not going to ban concerts, especially not over a freak tragedy such as the one at this AC/DC show. Will they overreact? Maybe. But this is Australia, not Saudi Arabia.

If they didn't ban concerts after the Great White incident, they certainly won't after this one. This was just a freak occurrence.

If they didn't ban concerts after the Great White incident, they certainly won't after this one. This was just a freak occurrence.

There will be not concert banning. Like Brandon said USA is not an extremist country, and the smae applies here.

Several years ago a kid was crushed and killed by a mob running amok to an Aerosmith concert (pretty bad organization like always :rolleyes:). I thought that day was the end of rock concerts in here. I proved wrong as concerts continued and Metallica played today and Baron Rojo plays next month.

If Im reading this correctly the posters concern was the banning of moshing making concert suck (pukey).

One thing for sure is it will do nothing good for the liability insurance rates for concerts. In our country due to judges somehow awarding irresponsible people with enormous settlements for personal injury caused by their own negligence has had a large impact on liability rates for all forms of entertainment and activities. One that stands out most in my area is downhill skiing ticket prices. Thousands of people do it daily without flying off the trail and hitting a tree, one person does it, kills themselves next thing you know their family is millionaires. Liability rates single handedly shut down the family owned cross country skiing areas because they just couldnt afford the rates upfront for a minimalist sport with unpredictable snowfall.

It was at banned at PPUSA this year, and I, quite frankly, could not have been happier. Moshing is retarded. Nothing like having a 450 lb guy try to get into it to remind you "hey, I could get seriously fucking hurt".

I've been in the pit at Slayer - it was my first and last time in a pit.

If Im reading this correctly the posters concern was the banning of moshing making concert suck (pukey).

One thing for sure is it will do nothing good for the liability insurance rates for concerts. In our country due to judges somehow awarding irresponsible people with enormous settlements for personal injury caused by their own negligence has had a large impact on liability rates for all forms of entertainment and activities. One that stands out most in my area is downhill skiing ticket prices. Thousands of people do it daily without flying off the trail and hitting a tree, one person does it, kills themselves next thing you know their family is millionaires. Liability rates single handedly shut down the family owned cross country skiing areas because they just couldnt afford the rates upfront for a minimalist sport with unpredictable snowfall.

I think if moshing is allowed, it should only be in the circle pit haha. I hate when there's unnecessary moshing but if it isn't 400 lb crazy guys, it doesn't bother me that much.

it's like banning boxing over one boxers' death, NASCAR over a driver's death, hockey because a puck hit a fan and killed them etc. Wont' happen.