Dismantling Devotion (song)

griev0r

Here is Nowhere
May 13, 2007
Florida
I have been listening to DD nonstop anticipating the new cd. I don't really know what the point of this thread is. The title track on the latest cd is one of the best songs I have ever heard. No song ( especially an instrumental ) makes me feel so melancholy. Everytime I listen to this song it just nails me to the floor. Does anyone love this song as much? I visit my myspace when I'm not at home just to hear the song sometimes.
I hope they do another track like this on the new album.

Yeah. It is a rare case when I listen to an instrumental Doom metal track with such pleasure.
And I seem to understand the author of this thread. When we love a song we want to make sure that it is as precious for somebody else...

I have been listening to DD nonstop anticipating the new cd. I don't really know what the point of this thread is. The title track on the latest cd is one of the best songs I have ever heard. No song ( especially an instrumental ) makes me feel so melancholy. Everytime I listen to this song it just nails me to the floor. Does anyone love this song as much? I visit my myspace when I'm not at home just to hear the song sometimes.
I hope they do another track like this on the new album.

Ditto for me...One of the best albums in the last 10 years period!!:headbang:

I did a project for school in which I kept track of EVERY heavy metal song I listened to for the entire month of january whether it was on disc, in the car, MP3, at a concert... all of it!!! and My most listened to band for that Month was Daylight Dies, most listened to album was Dismantaling Devotion and most listened to song was Strive to See... I listened to the entire album 29 times, and I heard the song Strive to See 32 times in one month.

in case you were wondering I had just gotten into Swallow the sun around new years so they were in 2nd with Hope as album but I only listened to that cd 19 times. :)

@MadTinus: 'Melancholy' is acceptable as an adjective. Let's look....

Main Entry: 2melancholy Function: adjective Date: 14th century 1 a: suggestive or expressive of melancholy <sang in a melancholy voice> b: causing or tending to cause sadness or depression of mind or spirit : dismal <a melancholy thought>2 a: depressed in spirits : dejected , sad b: pensive

There we have it.

Anyway, I've been listening to 'Dismantling Devotion' a whole lot lately. I think it's my favorite song on the album, and instrumentals rarely ever rank very high with me. Oh, and MadTinus, if you want an interesting little fact, 'song' is technically only correct when applied to musical pieces written for or around the voice ('sing' --> 'song'); therefore, instrumentals are not 'songs'. So I just misused the word up there. It's just so much more convenient to say 'song'. =]

@MadTinus: 'Melancholy' is acceptable as an adjective. Let's look....

Main Entry: 2melancholy Function: adjective Date: 14th century 1 a: suggestive or expressive of melancholy <sang in a melancholy voice> b: causing or tending to cause sadness or depression of mind or spirit : dismal <a melancholy thought>2 a: depressed in spirits : dejected , sad b: pensive

There we have it.

Anyway, I've been listening to 'Dismantling Devotion' a whole lot lately. I think it's my favorite song on the album, and instrumentals rarely ever rank very high with me. Oh, and MadTinus, if you want an interesting little fact, 'song' is technically only correct when applied to musical pieces written for or around the voice ('sing' --> 'song'); therefore, instrumentals are not 'songs'. So I just misused the word up there. It's just so much more convenient to say 'song'. =]
Hehe, thanks for the info!

So then I should maybe say 'track', I don't like to use that word, it sounds so 'superficial' and somehow disrespectful to the music referred to i.m.o., as if the piece of music is just a number.

So then, DD surely is a great instrumental ;)

^^^
I agree with everything that has been said about this track!

I especially love the break in the middle building up to the lead. My chest dropped when i first heard this song.