District 97 - Weird chick fronted prog rock

Seriously....

Ignoring the trolling, and moving on... I hope you guys get to play around here sometime (NY-CT area). Good stuff!

So whenever I tell what I feel about something it is trolling,but when you guys say something I like sucks it's just the truth,right? Yes I'm talking about the Malmsteen, and Neo Classical jokes I've have been getting since I started posting stuff,and talking on here.
Oh well, I'm sure you will think of some dumb remark to come back with,no big deal,just I speak what I feel is the truth,and so do you. No of it really matters.it's just funny how it works I guess.

I think the point is that.. you can write your opinion, but you know, you could be nice about it. There's no need to be a dick. I know it's the internet, but can't we all be a little less dickish?

So whenever I tell what I feel about something it is trolling,but when you guys say something I like sucks it's just the truth,right? Yes I'm talking about the Malmsteen, and Neo Classical jokes I've have been getting since I started posting stuff,and talking on here.
Oh well, I'm sure you will think of some dumb remark to come back with,no big deal,just I speak what I feel is the truth,and so do you. No of it really matters.it's just funny how it works I guess.

The difference, my friend, is that I wouldn't be tactless like you are, to come responding directly to A MEMBER OF THE BAND DISTRICT 97 (who's trying to promote their music), and simply rant "It sounds like shit. Next." There's a big difference between stating your opinion, and being a flat-out jerk. You have a tendency of getting all pissy and offensive all the fucking time. It is the third or fourth time that you call me names or offend me. Let's not forget a long time ago (maybe a year or two) where you send me a PM very derogatory and threatening, which I responded to you calmly and very politely saying that you weren't treated badly and that your message was unjustified. If you recall, you actually apologized afterwards and agreed with me. You basically admitted you had been a jerk.

I don't recall starting a discussion here by making a personal attack on you, but you seem to go personal whenever somebody says that the music YOU like or call you out on an offensive comment. I may criticize the genre, but not you. And sure, you were just criticizing the music this time. The moment I called you out, you got all pissy.

It's all about tact.

You guys are right. I do speak before thinking a lot,and I will take back what I said with this

I'm sorry Fire breath for I didn't know you where a member of the band I was talking about or anyone who is in the band,that is promoting it. I wish this band nothing but the best in the future,it's just not for me. I'm sure there are several millions of people out there who will love this stuff,and I wish you guys all the best. Again I'm sorry for the mean words,it was pretty dumb.

Angra I don't remember ever being threatening to anyone, I'm sure I did say the word creep or something but never said anything that would be like I'm going to beat ass or anything. In any case again your words ring true in my ears again, you have a way with words that makes me see how dumb I really am,sometimes.

I will say this if i don't like something I just won't say anything at all from now on,on if i like something. Hopefully this time I will listen to myself.

You guys are right. I do speak before thinking a lot,and I will take back what I said with this

I'm sorry Fire breath for I didn't know you where a member of the band I was talking about or anyone who is in the band,that is promoting it. I wish this band nothing but the best in the future,it's just not for me. I'm sure there are several millions of people out there who will love this stuff,and I wish you guys all the best. Again I'm sorry for the mean words,it was pretty dumb.

Angra I don't remember ever being threatening to anyone, I'm sure I did say the word creep or something but never said anything that would be like I'm going to beat ass or anything. In any case again your words ring true in my ears again, you have a way with words that makes me see how dumb I really am,sometimes.

I will say this if i don't like something I just won't say anything at all from now on,on if i like something. Hopefully this time I will listen to myself.

Fair enough.

And by the way, the member of the band is District97, and not FireBreath. I originally thought District97 was who started the thread, but I was wrong, so I edited my post.

Anyhow, your retraction is appreciated, at least when it comes to me. No worries.

I do speak before thinking a lot

I'm sorry Fire breath for I didn't know you where a member of the band

?

Hey folks,

We're pumped it looks like we'll be meeting some of you on Thursday! We've got a new music video for "Termites", a song we'll definitely be doing on Thursday. If you like it, please share it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V_qBdYgG30

And of course, I'm just playin with you dude so no worries. :lol:

I think you're entitled to say that you think the band is shit (even though I personally dig 'em alot). Actually, bands really need to learn to deal with that kind've stuff anyways, everyone has an opinion! They're like assholes yanno! :D

I just saw the first post I didn't even notice until now that that someone was named after the band on here, Now I really do feel bad. I don't really read what most people post unless it's something I know a lot about, but I just saw the first posted video, and wrote now I see that it's right after one of the bands post so I'm going to remove it,because it's dumb.

In my usual tradition, I waited until the thread grew to a length of five pages before deciding to comment. I've checked out a couple tunes by District 97, but I'm still not quite sure what to think of them. I'm going to let their performance at Reggie's be the deal breaker for me. At the very least, I can say that they certainly have their own quirky thing going.

In response to Jasonic (who is quite possibly the reason why I end up making most of these "late-to-the-thread" posts), I must say: thank you for being the only highlight of that god-awful Di'Anno show. I do believe, though, that our first encounter at a show had proven to you that I have my own Jasonic qualities. I do hope that you end up going to the Gamma Ray show, as it will have been about a year since our first fateful encounter. It could be a sort of anniversary celebration!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

In response to Jasonic (who is quite possibly the reason why I end up making most of these "late-to-the-thread" posts), I must say: thank you for being the only highlight of that god-awful Di'Anno show. I do believe, though, that our first encounter at a show had proven to you that I have my own Jasonic qualities. I do hope that you end up going to the Gamma Ray show, as it will have been about a year since our first fateful encounter. It could be a sort of anniversary celebration!

Ha! Yes, I do agree that we both have a lot in common.
I am probably just a bit more vocal of my opinions :)

I hope to make it tonight.
Trying to figure out if I will go straight from work or home first.
I do have a ticket.

For anyone who's been contemplating picking up our CD, you can now do so directly from us in our new online store. T-shirts and more are available too. This is by fat the most effective way to support us: http://district97.net/merch.html

Here are some quotes regarding D97 from folks you may know:

Bill Bruford: I love the CD...the sheer skill and gusto with which they tackle it makes you laugh out loud. Great drumming. Jonathan plays and writes like a demon. Congratulations to them. (Watch Bill and me duet! and )

John Wetton (King Crimson, UK, Asia): 'Can't take you with me' is dynamite. I wish you luck, you're a good band, and deserve success, see you on the broad highway.

Roine Stolt (Flower Kings, Transatlantic): Your band is one of the very few I can see a real true potential in and I'm sure you have many new fabulous albums coming in the near future.

Jonas Reingold (Flower Kings, Karmakanic): Your band is great...I really dig your stuff, it would be fun to do something together in the future, keep up the good work, you´re one of the most talented progressive bands I´ve heard lately, good luck.

Jim Derogatis (NPR's "Sound Opinions", Rolling Stone Magazine): District 97 is a wildly ambitious progressive-rock group whose youth belies its accomplishments onstage and on its new "Hybrid Child" CD.

Paul Bielatowicz (Carl Palmer Band, Neal Morse): We made our way back to the hotel and I put on District 97's CD while finishing my nachos – what a GREAT album!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am still on the fence of whether i like this or not, and this should be either a love or hate thing. I am going to have to listen to some more of it.