Disturbed - Down with the Sickness DI

This is one of my favorite Disturbed tunes so I decided to record these live drum tracks and I'm giving the multitrack files away for anybody interested instead of using Midi drums.
The drums are 100% raw for you to mix any way you see fit.
If you decide to use them and post them anywhere, please give me credit for it by mentioning my website.

Files are in WAV 44.1KHz 24bit
Tempo: 180bpm

Here is the link to the files: https://copy.com/2zx1j2m8bolzkL8o

cheers

Hugo

This is one of my favorite Disturbed tunes so I decided to record these live drum tracks and I'm giving the multitrack files away for anybody interested instead of using Midi drums.
The drums are 100% raw for you to mix any way you see fit.
If you decide to use them and post them anywhere, please give me credit for it by mentioning my website.

Files are in WAV 44.1KHz 24bit
Tempo: 180bpm

Here is the link to the files: https://copy.com/2zx1j2m8bolzkL8o

cheers

Hugo

Hey, thanks you very much for the live drums tracks, but it seems that the tracks are slightly out of phase, we can still shift the tracks in our DAW but it would have been better to have a proper mic placement.

Here is my try with the live drums provided by Hugo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, thanks you very much for the live drums tracks, but it seems that the tracks are slightly out of phase, we can still shift the tracks in our DAW but it would have been better to have a proper mic placement.

Here is my try with the live drums provided by Hugo:

You're welcome! ;)
To be honest, I've been recording for years now and recorded for many people and you're the 1st one to tell me that. But I appreciate the feedback!

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
well, you're more experienced than I am, so if you're 100% sure there is no phasing problem with your tracks then it's probably the case, I'm just reporting something I saw in my daw after I loaded your tracks.

well, you're more experienced than I am, so if you're 100% sure there is no phasing problem with your tracks then it's probably the case, I'm just reporting something I saw in my daw after I loaded your tracks.

Drums are never perfectly time-aligned by default.
For example, room mics are always a few milliseconds behind the rest of the mics because of their distance from the kit.
Time-aligning drums are a preference. Some engineers like to do it and some don't. Its just personal preference.

cheers

well, okay for the overheads and room mic, but the kick in and out?

EDIT: no problems with those tracks in fact, I probably shifted one of them by mistake when loading them.
So no more questions :')
thanks again for the drums and the infos.