DISTURBED Releases New Video Update From The Studio

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
A new video featuring footage from DISTURBED's latest sessions at The Hideout Recording Studio in Las Vegas, Nevada with producer Kevin Churko can be seen below.

Singer David Draiman revealed more than a year ago that DISTURBED would record an acoustic EP before the band begins work on the follow-up to 2015's "Immortalized" album.

Prior to the arrival of "Immortalized", DISTURBED had been on hiatus since the fall of 2011, after completing the touring cycle for its previous studio effort, "Asylum", and issuing a rarities collection called "The Lost Children".

"Immortalized", which was the first DISTURBED album produced by Churko, became the band's fifth LP to enter The Billboard 200 chart at No. 1 — a feat shared only with METALLICA and DAVE MATTHEWS BAND.

In a 2016 interview with For Guitar Players Only, DISTURBED guitarist Dan Donegan spoke about Churko's contributions to "Immortalized". He said: "We took some meetings with some big-name producers, just to see what they had to offer. It was just a great, eye-opening experience to know that there's some geniuses that can kind of challenge you and throw these ideas out. When we met with Kevin Churko, we just felt something within the first hour, two hours that we were bouncing ideas off each other. It was pretty obvious that he just seemed like the right fit for us. We just felt like some of the suggestions he threw at us definitely helped elevate those songs to make them even hookier and riffier. It was just amazing. I didn't really want to leave the studio. After nearly three and a half, four months of recording, I was a little sad when we were done. It just felt like, creatively, 'Ah, man, I still want to keep going,' but we already felt like we had such a strong album."

Continue reading...