divine heresy (in glasgow)

there defo wasnt a mic'd cab and the strange thing is the view on the mac was, see when your in pro-tools and your recording and make the track jumbo and when you play the waveform comes up as you play thats what was happening. But it looked a diff program than pro-tools sorry if this confuses anyone :loco:

That may be the key to why I didn't see a laptop there then?

Definitely had a mic'd cab in Colchester, and definitely had a laptop in Glasgow.

Dino was using;
Power conditioner (think it was a samson)
Radio unit
Pod rack
Carvin Power amp

The laptop was running Adobe Audition / Cool Edit for intro music iirc, it was only for a short clip of music - and the laptop for those that want to know,.. was a dell i believe! :lol:
The guitar tech was using a boss tuner pedal for the change to 8string.

Here's a vid I took of the gig, performing Royal Blood Heresy

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9vD4Y0pvEiQ[/ame]

You can even tell in this vid that the tone is massive, but, my bad... I don't see a mic on the cab

nah, but your opinion doesnt matter to me. I own a Engl Powerball and Savage 120 so I have no use for fisherprice gear. But each to their own. I dont remember saying you sucked , i just dont like their gear. Nice to see you like to insult people cause they dont share a same opinion as you. brilliant.

Ya well you sound equally brilliant bashing Line 6.

And I still sound better than 80% of all metal guitarists on their tube amp ... simply because I rule!

Muahahahaha ... *runs off screaming into the night*

LOL!!!!!

line 6 actually makes some nice gear. The echo park and verbzilla are the best pedals for delay and reverb for their price on the market imo.

There's a difference between 'you don't like it' and 'it's shit', and I can say right now that you'll do well to not mix the two up. I don't like tubes, but I don't go around saying everyone's 5150s, Rectos, and Marshalls are shit, and most people will offer the same courtesy. That's what I have a problem with - a lot of ENGL clips I hear don't give a very good impression, but I don't say they're 'god aweful', do I? Between your responses of 'I have fancy gear' and the 'fisherprice gear' instead of 'I know how to use them and still dislike their sound' and previous remarks like 'Linshit' (up all night on that one, were we?) you don't have much going in your favor.

I know you don't like it. That's perfectly fucking clear. Don't try to make this into an 'I'm defending my taste' discussion because we both know bloody well that it isn't, and don't insult my intelligence by restating the obvious and trying to hide asinine 'your gear sucks' comments behind it. This isn't about your taste, or about my opinion, it's about your complete disregard for common courtesy and failure to offer us the same respect you seem to think you have a god-given right to, so quit pretending it's about 'you suck, you should sound like me because Satan sucks my peepee in the tour bus' and cut the constant and useless attacks against an entire category of merchandise if you want to be taken even remotely seriously.

And, for fuck's sake, paragraphs. Different ideas can go on different lines.

Jeff

Dude, chill out a bit. I have every right to say how I feel as you do. I didn't mean to insult people or their use of gear. You need to lighten up man. Back away from the caffeine.:lol: Its gear, its not politics or religion. I have no problem with you at the moment. I don't understand why you are making such a big deal out of it. It would have been better to pm me and talk about it instead of trying to be all holier than thou. I apologize if anyone was insulted of my use of terms for my dislike of something. That was not my intention. And Jboll I think if it wasn't text on the screen and we were chatting like buds in the same room, you wouldn't be so wound up. I'm sure if we were drinking some beers or something it wouldn't be that big of a deal ya know :kickass:

But seriously, my opinion on it was, I don't like the distortion sound that line6 provides' I do like their delay and chorus pedal a lot. So maybe my use of the word sux offending you. That wasn't my intention nor was it to say since I play tubes that I think satan should blow me and everyone should use them and sound like me That was not it.

My thing was for someone like Dino, who probably has the opportunity to use any gear he chooses, I found it odd for him to use a podxt into a laptop. My friend tried it and it wasn't that great. I have experience with a lot of bands around here that use line6 hd147 and spider heads , and they all don't sound very good live. They don't cut through the mix for high gain, sound buzzy and the cleans are always really thin. Maybe it is these guys settings. That is my experience for my statement. You can choose to make a big stink about that if you want to continue. My intention was not anything else no matter what you think it might be or how you try to twist it.

I saw Michael Batio live once with a Flextone that sounded great, but it was on medium rock style gain. I don't like high gain on the digital amps. I hope that explains that better for you. It was not my intention to hijack this guys thread, insult anyones use of gear or anything like that. I definately dont like arguing about it. I am here to learn from you guys, not argue about opinions. I will try to be more selective for here on out, I honestly wasnt trying to insult people. And Jbroll pm me man, maybe you can see I wasnt trying to be an azz.

edited *

I watched the video posted on here and that is the best live sound Ive heard from line6. Everone around here makes their hd147 sound like bees. Dino's did sound brutal.

I was actually fairly chilled out too, bloody text. I didn't expect you to get wound up over the internet, either, I just prefer to be very clear about what I'm saying. Anyway, this isn't the first time you've made an entirely unhelpful attack on Line 6, and it also isn't the first time you've mixed up 'I don't like it' with something like 'It's god aweful gear' and that's what I have a problem with. Enjoy your gear, just watch out for comments that bash gear unproductively and unnecessarily.

(Especially on a forum like this, where it's easy to put up clips that people think are Rectos and 5150s but that really came from Amplitube or a POD... hint hint...)

And thanks for paragraphs this time.

Jeff

Damm guys i thought you were supposed to be talking about Divine Heresy haha

I saw them in Glasgow too , They did indeed slay.I was the guy with the big stupid red hat that most of the band ended up wearing hahaha

Dino sounded fucking deadly and if that really was a pod xt.....Thank FUCK i own one! :headbang:

Meisterjäger;6800374 said:
Here's a vid I took of the gig, performing Royal Blood Heresy

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9vD4Y0pvEiQ

You can even tell in this vid that the tone is massive, but, my bad... I don't see a mic on the cab

damn. when dino's playing through the right rig his style sounds amazing..

i still remember the video he did for ibanez I believe, where he plays some songs through his 'legendary' modded Marshall. that fucking tone is to die for IMO.

EDIT: found it

Last edited by a moderator: