Divinity Compromised at Midwest Metal Anthem Aug. 27th

BalanceofPower

My god,it's full of stars
Feb 19, 2003
Palatine, IL
www.novembersdoom.com
Divinity Compromised, featuring members from Novembers Doom and Sacred Dawn, will be playing this year's Midwest Metal Anthem at J.J. Kelley's in Lansing, IL Friday August 27th 2010.

You can check out Divinity Compromised live videos at www.youtube.com/user/divinitycompromised

The website for Midwest Metal Anthem is www.midwestmetalanthem.com

P.S. sorry for the shameless promotion, but it has to be done :D

All set times:

Friday
8:45 - 9:25 Emperean Sky
9:45 - 10:25 Divinity Compromised
10:45 - 11:45 Rival
12-05 - 12:45 Eden’s Fall
1:05 - 1:45 Ravensthorn

Saturday
8:00 - 8:40 Desolate Sky
9:00 - 9:40 Penchant for Chos
10:00 - 10:40 Mindwarp Chamber
11:00 - 11:40 Degradation
12:00 - 12:40 Iniquity of Symmetry
1:00 - 1:40 Zephaniah

Virginity Compromised, oops I mean Divinity Compromised were really good. Quite a bit of shredding and melody, but yet Vito is still restrained from really unleashing his inner Luca Turilli. I didn't know Lothar from Sacred Dawn sang for them. They did a cover of Dio's We Rock that was pretty cool. The other guitarist looks quite young, and is also a ringer for Geddy Lee.

Mindwarp Chamber also tore the shit up at MMA. Their new bass player is amazing. The new guitarist (who is also a poster on this forum, Axehomeyg, I think) wasn't a slouch either! Really fast & crisp. I'm pretty sure I heard him sneak in a few notes from the main theme from Close Encounters of the Third Kind at the end of their set, which was a first for at a metal show for me. They covered Edge of Thorns in their set.

Ken

What was the turnout like?

Friday night wasn't bad, I think there was a sizable contingent for Rival and Ravensthorn (who ended up not playing at the last minute, I'll see if someone else who was there can post about the drama). Saturday was pretty anemic. I didn't help on Saturday since I showed up about 10 minutes before MWC went on and left about 15 minutes into the next set (Degradation).

Ken