Djentcore mix. Hows the guitar tone m80s?

ToneAddict

Elite Studios
Feb 7, 2014
I'd appreciate some feedback on the guitar tone. I'm getting close but it still sounds a bit off. Thanks :Spin:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Agreed with this guy, but holy shit that kick is mind-blowingly loud

...I fucking love it

I did have a little stereo widener going through Ozone 6 but it never went below 0 on it's phase correlation, but you never know... Anyways, here it is without the widener and mixed a tiny bit more. [SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/recordingmf[/SOUNDCLOUD]

I'd also recommend to take off the compression a bit on the cymbals in order to make them more readable and less noisy.
The guitars and bass sound great, BTW! :kickass:

A little overcompressed but it sounds great... it has its own flavour... Don't go for the typical sound! Stay at your sound. It has much character... character > polished sound any day!

^What he said

I actually really like that oddness, it's weird, but it gives it alot of air and atmosphere. It sounds huge dude.

Btw, my guess for what makes it kinda weird is some kinda masterbus reverb somewhere. Maybe in Ozone?

But this was about the guitar tone - normally I'd say to give a tiny treble boost to give it more bite, but inside the mix the way you mix your other instruments, it doesnt need anything, it sounds cool as hell!