Do you approve of the Marshall JCM2000 Dual Super Lead 100 and 1960A Package?

RoboCaster

Victory is at hand.
Jan 7, 2005
www.fenderforum.com
To those who know, would Iron Mainen or Madens approve of the - Marshall JCM2000 Dual Super Lead 100 and 1960A Package?

I’m thinking about getting one because I hate signal clipping for dirty distortion from solid state, and for the Ultra Gain channel, and the resonant bass boost and tubes.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/482801/

I’m thinking it would sound real good..band worthy, am I wrong or should I keep looking?

RoboCaster said:
To those who know, would Iron Mainen or Madens approve of the - Marshall JCM2000 Dual Super Lead 100 and 1960A Package?

I’m thinking about getting one because I hate signal clipping for dirty distortion from solid state, and for the Ultra Gain channel, and the resonant bass boost and tubes.

I’m thinking it would sound real good..band worthy, am I wrong or should I keep looking?

Save your money and buy a Carvin MTS 3200. It has all the thump you'll need. Install some E34L's with some high gain 12AX7's and it will have a good classic marshal tone.
Half stack is $990.00 full stack is $1200.00
I've had mine for a year now and wouldn't trade it for a truck load of Marshals
Kerry

I am going to get flamed big time here.........Ah... ahem..am thinking of getting the POD XT Live or the Vox Tonelab and going direct into the PA and not even bring an amp to the gig ( but I'd have a backup combo in the trunk of my car of course) . Am getting too old and lazy to lug heavy amps around. The POD XT Live does sound incredible for a variety of styles and is only $399 . For cover bands that play clubs, it seems that there are getting to be more musicians considering this option and I have heard that they are very happy with their choice. I guess it depends on the style of music that a person plays.

nlukes said:
I am going to get flamed big time here.........Ah... ahem..am thinking of getting the POD XT Live or the Vox Tonelab and going direct into the PA and not even bring an amp to the gig ( but I'd have a backup combo in the trunk of my car of course) . Am getting too old and lazy to lug heavy amps around. The POD XT Live does sound incredible for a variety of styles and is only $399 . For cover bands that play clubs, it seems that there are getting to be more musicians considering this option and I have heard that they are very happy with their choice. I guess it depends on the style of music that a person plays.

I guess that would work as long as the house system doesn't suck.

I don’t know why I ask, cause I guess I’ve really made up my mind for a various reasons, but it’s the secret weapon of a few guys, and Dave Murry said he could do without his pedal board and just plug strait into this rig. Can you imagine how good pinch harmonics will sound, and I bet it can be played at 2 and still sound good without destroying my ears like ice picks, but you know I will use it in stereo off of my super chorus box with my other marshal, with just a touch of lesser distortion on that one, and I bet it will make a big guitar sound.

MECOSARIO said:
Yep You are right

Yea, well I will have to wait a couple of months, cause the wife is having price tag shock, soo, think I will upgrade to a monster cable and get an MXR phase 90 and build a pedal board for now for my collection (a touch of this and a pinch of that), then when I do get the amp, it will rock, no doubt about it. Don’t really matter too much cause I’m not playing in a band, but I want an amp that meets my requirements of worthyness.

Lord of Delusions said:
If thats the case I should be playing through a "Little Smokey". And not the new plastic ones, I mean the old ones that the guy would build and install in an empty cig box. :loco:

holy shit i have one of those - yeah the cardboard really brings out the tinny distortion's nuances. i still wonder if the kools sounds more refreshing tho...

MiniMurray said:
holy shit i have one of those - yeah the cardboard really brings out the tinny distortion's nuances. i still wonder if the kools sounds more refreshing tho...

I've been considering getting a Smokey amp, and I have one question.

1. Does the little speaker shut off if you use the rig as a pre-amp fuzz box?

MiniMurray said:

The Kools do sound a bit more refreshing, the notes are kind of cool and breezy, though they tend to add a bit of a raspy sound up high. For raw, heavy sounding, nasty notes, I suggest the Camel non-filter. For the lo-fi sound, you want to use the Virginia slims. Not very bass heavy at all.

RoboCaster said:

we've used these heads on tour b4 as backline - but only the one lead channel with everything pegged and then you get jipped on the other channel cuz of the eq and it sounds like crap. so flexibility is cut, cuz you'll have to compromise your rythm crunch and clean sound for the ultra gain. we worked around this by using an old dod bi-fet preamp thru the fx channel for a solo boost, and cringing at the clean tone LOL

RoboCaster said:
I've been considering getting a Smokey amp, and I have one question.

1. Does the little speaker shut off if you use the rig as a pre-amp fuzz box?

I've been doing some thinking and I believe that I read a long time ago that this guy was just going to Radio shack and buying a 1w amplifier kit. He would assemble them and stuff it along with a little speaker in a cig box. I think the kit runs about $10 or so. Might be a fun rainy day project...I wonder if you could make a 10w carton?

Lord of Delusions said:
I've been doing some thinking and I believe that I read a long time ago that this guy was just going to Radio shack and buying a 1w amplifier kit. He would assemble them and stuff it along with a little speaker in a cig box. I think the kit runs about $10 or so. Might be a fun rainy day project...I wonder if you could make a 10w carton?

I can't but I know a dude who could, but I went ahead a bought the smokey amp instead of the 100w Marshal, but you know, thats becasue I can turn off the digital amp on my process or and use it as input which will be louder and better sounding with all my other crap, then I will be able to hear myself better and let up on the picking hand some, but that freaking processor just sucks.

MiniMurray said:
we've used these heads on tour b4 as backline - but only the one lead channel with everything pegged and then you get jipped on the other channel cuz of the eq and it sounds like crap. so flexibility is cut, cuz you'll have to compromise your rythm crunch and clean sound for the ultra gain. we worked around this by using an old dod bi-fet preamp thru the fx channel for a solo boost, and cringing at the clean tone LOL

That's good to know, I know the next model up for a couple hundred more has 2 eq's, one per channel. I'm just looking for a super clean crunch and energised test-tube decay in the notes without sounding cheap.

Furthermore, I was looking at the user manual for the Marshall JCM 2000 Triple Super Lead 100 and 1960A Package and it seems all around better, for just a bit more.