Do you still check the "Rate my mix" section ?

Ahh well we only received one quote so you are the other guy then! I told Osku about it man he's sorting that shit out for you now :D

This is the first time EVER one of us has failed to communicate properly with regards to business. I can't apologize enough.

Anyway let's get this thread back on track!!! I still check the rate my mix thread, but like many others here have posted it definitely seems to be going stale. I still post there just on the off chance someone might check it it. But I don't hold my hopes very high.

No problems dude, much appreciated. Shit happens :p

As for the thread haha.

I do the same thing. I post every so often if I think people might actually check it out, have a look. Otherwise I'll have a quick gander if there's anything worth checking. But I generally just don't have much to say to the slew of people in that sub-forum :\

I found myself only opening "andy sneap / production tips / equipment / off topic tavern" and have been almost for years now. I would really enjoy this section so much if it was about quality instead of quantity. Nowadays I would send my rough mix to some of you guys I have on facebook or msn if I wanted an external ear, which is cool but not as productive as if it were there in the ideal world.

I don't think a number of posts would be a solution. It's unfair and is not directly related to the quality of the engineer (I know the golden age of this forum has passed but with such a limit colin richardson wouldn't have posted). It's true though that it would avoid random dudes asking for help without participating but how to judge, and some would just post X useless posts until they reach the limit.

I just opened the "chek dis mix" one, and of course, bingo, generic djent thingy played in drop Z and line6 sounding. No disrespect to his poster, or people liking djent drop tuned tunes (I loved the first Tesseract album for instance, though it's maybe because it doesn't have the typical djent sound), but when I go this sub forum I feel like I'm swimming in an ocean of generic scam and need to go back to the surface to breathe.

Don't wanna comment to you VeneMorte because I don't know you but yeah, you sort of made my point (promoting your music in a thread where it's not the topic and polluting it and making the UM experience of this thread less interesting, no direct offense mate but you see my point)

I don't even consider myself better at producing than all those mixes, some of them can be decent, but I wouldn't post so many unfinished rough mixes myself at a state of "here is a rough mix with 2 guitars but I'll add the bass later, oh and the drums are a S2.0 preset i'll fine tune them later". I'd rather do one thread when I need some guidance because I don't have the experience you have and want my music to sound good, and come back there for updates and all.

Nah, too much fake amps/fake drums that we've all heard before, too much bad djent/metalcore, too much crap in general. I do check it, but only when they say they used real instruments.

yeah I do...but unfortunatly stuff got a lot less interesting, compared to some time ago...I also don't have as much time anymore as I used to have.
I check every few days to see if there are any threads of guys I know...if a thread title is interesting than usually I'll click on it

oh, and +1 to you Mat about posts were 80% is missing or just a preset or whatever...
haha I remember one thread of that kind, someone posted a mix (asking for advice, opinions on how to improove ect...), someone else said something along the lines of "well...that sounds like shit, no offense", and the guy who posted went saying "bohoo, why u mad, nothing in this mix is final or ment for real dawg!! just having fun and stuff, dont b hatin"
strange stuff

I do, but as stated, I only check if the title is interesting or if it's a known guy and not a first-time poster. And yeah, for gods sake people finish a song before posting :lol: whenever I post there, it's usually in the final stages of a mix, when I could use some extra/more experienced ears to help me reach the goal, but I don't post it if it's not "showable".

Never really checked that section of the forum much tbh, and I'm too afraid to post my own stuff as I'm nowhere near as good as alot of guys on here :lol:

I think if thje subforum was renamed it might help. It would serve a better function if it was 'Help My Mix' or 'Improve My Mix' or something. I think this is why so many people post in Production Tips mistakenly.

I think most of us that have been here a while have each other added on facebook and just ping each other to listen to sample mixes and stuff. At least, that's what I do.

I agree though, there should be a minimum post requirement for that section, along with the Gear For Sale sub forum. Or we need some (dare I say it) nazi-style moderators like those at SSorg. :lol: But their recording area over there is just as inundated with garbo too.

Meh, it is what it is. Hopefully it's cyclical and this is just a phase, and all the "check out my djent drop G" threads will dissipate eventually. :-\

Two different sub forums would be nice.

1.) Rate my TONE (this is where all the intro djent and attack attack whatever breakdowns can go)
2.) Rate my mix (for COMPLETE songs and mixes)