Does "Åkerfeldt" MEAN anything in Swedish?

Rusty

A-HAHAHA!
Sep 14, 2001
Nottingham
I don't know why I thought of this, but I was thinking about where names come from. Some surnames are obvious like Butcher or Wilson... some are a little more obscure like Osborne... so does Åkerfeldt mean anything?:D

Hmm...Åkerfeldt is an old name i think.
Åker means going or driving, but in this case it means (i looked up the word, because i didn't knew it in english) something like "arable (land)". Sounds weird, but anyway...
Feldt (i think it's an old spelling for todays "fält") is field.

Hmm...this is very hard to explain and it sounds weird for the non-swedish people i can imagine! hehe
But this is probably the answer to your question.....i hope! :p

Originally posted by Brutalizer
Hmm...Åkerfeldt is an old name i think.
Åker means going or driving, but in this case it means (i looked up the word, because i didn't knew it in english) something like "arable (land)". Sounds weird, but anyway...
Feldt (i think it's an old spelling for todays "fält") is field.

Hmm...this is very hard to explain and it sounds weird for the non-swedish people i can imagine! hehe
But this is probably the answer to your question.....i hope! :p

I asked a swedish friend, she said it kinda meant travelling/going over a field :D Hmm, odd, what about other band members names? They mean anything??

Originally posted by godisanathiest

I asked a swedish friend, she said it kinda meant travelling/going over a field :D Hmm, odd, what about other band members names? They mean anything??

Mendez and Lopez are spanish names, so i dunno their meanings! :D
But Peter Lindgren i know!

Lind = "lime, (linden US)"
Gren = "branch"

Limebranch! :lol:

Rusty - "..so does Åkerfeldt mean anything?

Åkerfeldt means business! :cool:

Heh heh! What's does Mike's name break down into? Traveling over land? That sort of odd because...that's the feeling I get when I bite into a York peppermint patty! I feel the icy blast of the Swedish winds and rolling forest below me as I soar with the Eagles...and...

"Shadows skulk at my coming.
We survey the slopes."