what do the arcturus symbols mean?

bleedingskeptic

boo hoo
Oct 13, 2001
does anyone know what those two symbols all over the arcturus albums mean? you know, the one where its like a circle with the 8 arrows comming out of it and the circle with the 8 tentacles (or something) coming out of it. and i noticed the first symbol on the cover of empiricism and i noticed them in hexen (you know, that really old game...yeah...that's right...i was playing hexen the other day! you wanna fight?). i can't seem to find any info on what they mean anywhere so i thought i'd ask here.

This is the closest thing I found. From www.symbols.com:

4872.gif

"This sign is from an antique Greek painting. It could be there for mere decorative purposes. If not, it's meaning is unknown."

Originally posted by bleedingskeptic
does anyone know what those two symbols all over the arcturus albums mean? you know, the one where its like a circle with the 8 arrows comming out of it and the circle with the 8 tentacles (or something) coming out of it. and i noticed the first symbol on the cover of empiricism and i noticed them in hexen (you know, that really old game...yeah...that's right...i was playing hexen the other day! you wanna fight?). i can't seem to find any info on what they mean anywhere so i thought i'd ask here.

The symbol with the eight arrows is supposed to be a symbol for Chaos (remember "The Chaos Path"?), representing the great number of possibilities that it offers. I suppose the other symbol is something similar...