Does anybody here watch UFC?

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Ultimate Fighting Championship? Or how about Pride FC?

I used to rent them on video, but my local video store only has the first 8 UFC's, and I think there are about 45 now.

I think the rules have changed quite a bit to soften it up a little, but back in the day, it was all out war. Any weight class, any fighting style, no rounds, and no clock. Just two guys and a ref in an octagon ring. The only thing that wasn't allowed was eye gouging and biting.

I watched one, it was about 8 years ago if memory serves, so whatever number that was. Brutal shit, one guy beat the shit out of some dude in 30 seconds but couldn't move on to the next round because he broke both his paws on the guys head! o_O

There is a martial arts trainer about two blocks from where I work that is considered the number one trainer in the world for the UFC. He has trained 2 of the top 5 guys currently fighting. Believe it or not, there is actually skill involved in those fights.

npearce said:
Believe it or not, there is actually skill involved in those fights.
Oh yeah, very much so. Some of those dudes can come in and just brutalize, but that one guy Hoyce Gracie (sp?) was practically skin and bones and won a bunch of championships.

NAD said:
Oh yeah, very much so. Some of those dudes can come in and just brutalize, but that one guy Hoyce Gracie (sp?) was practically skin and bones and won a bunch of championships.
Royce Gracie with that Brazillian ju-jitsu. He was unstoppable! Once you were on the ground, he could lock into you like a friggin snake. I don't think he ever threw one punch! I think Ken Shamrock might have beaten him though (he was a "shootfighter").

I've never seen Pride fights. If you can rent them, then I would.