Does anyone have a marching sample?

I'd like to have a section in a song that has marching in the background. I was wondering if anyone had a sample, knew where to get one, or what programs can create them.

Ideally, I'd like to record an authentic group of people marching, but time and money is preventing that right now.

It's hard to find songs that have it, modify it so it sounds right with your song, and make sure its the right BPM...but hey...I'll take anything, I just prefer a sample thats meant to be modified.

Anyone know of any?

You can get free samples of that, very fast, at the perfect tempo : record it yourself ! How hard is it to put a microphone and walk ?
If by marching you were refering to an army marching in cadence, try on Rammstein "Mutter", the song "Links 2 3 4" has that I think.

I'll check it out. Yeah I'm trying to get kind of like an army marching...and well...I suggested doing it on my own, but apparently its hard to get it to sound good when you're the only one, or you get a bunch of people that aren't trained in it?

I didn't see what was wrong with trying...but whatever...I do suppose layering a bunch of takes on top of each other can have a lot of noise issues...but what do I know..

Edit:
There's this snare part in a song that has a marching feel...so I want to have a marching sound effect in the background...like how the nazi's would march to wherever they were going...I just don't want german or any form of talking going on.

any suggestions on any movies? I've been looking around with no luck, and I don't have the history channel or anything lol. That and I wonder about the quality of taking something from TV...A DVD should be alright though.

If I can find a dvd, I gotta find out how to get a sample of it.

"DOA" by The Haunted has some good marching in the beginning with nothing else happening... however, any time you take a sample like that, you risk litigation for copyright violation, unless they got the sample themselves from some common source.

man, how are you finding these? I've been looking for months.

I'm really looking for something that sounds like it was close miced, tons of deep thuds to them. One of them is usable, but sooo much reverb.

I'd love to do it on my own, but we dont have time right now...freaking lame lol.

Disconnekt said:
"DOA" by The Haunted has some good marching in the beginning with nothing else happening... however, any time you take a sample like that, you risk litigation for copyright violation, unless they got the sample themselves from some common source.

I'll have to look into that.

Thanks everyone for the song suggestions. Keep em coming = D

How about the Return of the King movie? I know there's some marching going on at the black gates in the Two Towers film too...
Also check the beginning of DOA from the The Haunteds One Kill Wonder

How about using the old sound effect studio trick of walking on the spot in a pair of boots in a tray of small pebbles. Record a few tracks of that and blend/add FX to suit. :)

Muttley

The muse clip isn't good enough...I thought of that right away. It has way too much crap going on in the track and it has drums with it too. Very short too. I think this haunted clip may work...if we slow it down perhaps we can make it have a lower pitch and get some of that umph I want.

And fo the DIY method...I want to but they keep telling me it wont work for some reason...I dunno. I'm gonna fight em for it this summer. I'd rather have my own clip.

If you really want to DIY, do it like Peter Jackson did for Lord of the Rings, they show it on one of the special features.

He rented a stadium, mic'd it up, packed all the seats full of people and had them march :D