Does anyone know a REALLY good guitar tech in the NY area?

rlcramer

Tone is not in MY fingers
Apr 16, 2008
I'm pretty illiterate with a soldering iron, and I really don't have the patience to set up my own guitars. I guess I'm the kind of person who would rather leave this type of stuff up to the pros. But I cannot for the life of me, EVER find a f**king tech who knows what they are doing.

I tried taking a guitar for a simple pickup swap to Guitar Center once (yeah, I know...) The fucking moron wired my EMG's wrong to the point where the first time I plugged in the guitar, the battery got so hot that I actually smelled smoke coming from the cavity. This was 30 minutes before I left for a 2 week vacation, and I can only imagine that my fucking house would have burned down by the time I got back if I didn't notice it.

Anyway - aside from the peole who will say 'Dude, shut the fuck up and do it yourself," does anyone know a REALLY good guitar tech in the NY area (Manhattan is fine, but the burbs of Westchester would be even better). I'm so sick of paying for shitty work, bad intonation, etc.

Thanks,

Bobby

Check out East Coast Music Mall in Danbury dude, Barry there is a bona fide luthier! (though Tom, the assistant, not so much - he mostly knows what he's doing, but Barry is the god amongst techs IMO!) Where exactly do you live man? I'm up around Brewster :)

I'm actually in Ardsley - not far from Brewster at all....

I've been going to this guy Evan Gluck in NYC who is actually really good, but it's such a pain getting to him (he's all the way on the upper west side), that I was hoping to find someone closer.

I actually don't know if I'm "welcome" at East Coast Music mall anymore. I had an issue with them once a while back, and to make a long story short, I bought a Recto from them that was defective, and I had a real problem getting my money back. I kinda swore that I'd never enter that store again (and after the scene that I caused, they'd probably like to keep it that way too! LOL)...

Bobby