Does anyone know the name of a recent drum-brain software release?

drew_drummer

Dancefap
Sep 7, 2008
London, UK
Quite recently there was a cool looking drum-brain program released. Basically, from the gist I got, you could hook up your pads to your multichannel soundcard, and use the software as your drumbrain.

I'm talking last month or so... anyone know the name of it? I can't for the life of me remember!!

Guy triggers snares from hitting the desk ffs! Looks like its Drumagog on acid! One feature listed on the site intrigues me: Audio ducking.

The way that sounds... you can duck the volume of another input when sending a signal in. So if I connect my TD6 pads to the soundcard inputs, then duck the ride when I hit the hi-hat... I can get rid of all this annoying crosstalk that I get!

Since this is kind of relevant..

I have a Roland TD3, which has three cymbal inputs, and I've always wanted to add more cymbals to it. I did a test by plugging my pad into a Firestudio input and striking it, and it sends a quick audio blip-type signal. So it's perfect for apTrigga or Drumagog. What this amounts to is I could run MIDI into my Firestudio and play Superior 2.0, BUT, I could run the kick and snare into the Firestudio INSTEAD of the TD3 brain, bypass S2.0's kick/snare altogether and play strictly with other samples.

It's kinda cool when you get into the possibilities, but I have to get good at this kit before I add on too much.