Does Anyone remember

I remember Mekong Delta, for sure, but I never really liked them. Too straight-forward and boring stuff for me.

Deception Ignored is my favourite thrash album of all time. It is faultless and no thrash album can reach its brilliance in my opinion. Your nick is a great song :)

Mekong Delta is also great. Dances of Death and Kaleidoscope are great albums.

That is good to hear. Deception is one of my favourite albums of all time, definately the best thrash album. Although not as good, anyone heard of the End Amen album done by Deathrow guitarist Uwe Osterlehner and Siggi Blasey, it had some parts buy a couple of Psychotic waltz guys, Dan and Norm.
It is hardly as technical as Deception but still good.

Early Mekong Delta's Hut of Baba Yaga is, in my opinion, one of the best interpretations of that piece, which is one of my favorites ... so I remember Mekong Delta ... although I do not like much their creations.

Does any of you like :worship: Modest Petrovich Mussorgsky :worship: original works?

I sure do. Most Russian composers = awesome. Stravinsky, Rachmaninov, Shostakovich, Borodin, Rimsky-Korsakov, Tchaikovsky, Prokofiev... I probably forgot a few.

Mozart was mostly lame. Only Requiem and his Great Mass were good (but then again they were stellar).

End Amen's album is excellent. Dan plays some kick ass solos and of course mighty Uwe makes this record perfect. I am also a fan of Psychotic Waltz so I searched for End Amen for 2 years and at last I bought it.

Taedium Vitae said:
I sure do. Most Russian composers = awesome. Stravinsky, Rachmaninov, Shostakovich, Borodin, Rimsky-Korsakov, Tchaikovsky, Prokofiev... I probably forgot a few.

Mozart was mostly lame. Only Requiem and his Great Mass were good (but then again they were stellar).

Lame in what aspect(s)? :err:

Apart from those two works and a couple of very few exceptions, I just don't like his compositions. Since people don't have to explain why they like something, I'm not going to go to great lengths trying to explain why I don't like something. I hope you understand :)

Of course I understand. I am not a big fan of Mozart myself, but by characterizing a composer of that size lame sounded just a bit strange to me in the first place. Now I totally understand your point though. Anyway, I'd humbly say his compositions were technically and musically admirable but still I can't avoid thinking of most of his music as the 1800 'pop' hits. It's sometimes too catchy.

Precisely. Happy-go-lucky, easily swallowed but no lasting impression.
Pop musician... that's exactly what he was. The vast majority of his works was made on commission, and not by the church like, say, Bach's was, so no wonder... It's a bit of a shame because if you listen to his Requiem, you understand he was no crapmeister; then again Requiem is VERY Beethoven, so... hehe.

Yea, the Requiem was as magnificent as a...requiem should be ;) Beethoven is an overdose of drama to me, giving food to the extremely hardmelt, slow and heavy compositional phenomenon that was later to be called Wagner. It's hard for me to enjoy that type of music.
On the other hand, I'd say the technical, melodical and generally compositional aspects of the baroque, pre-baroque and renaissance era are propably unsurpassed in the western world musical history. There are too many ''diamonds'' to be found during those years, it's not even worth trying to write down a few of them.

Back on topic:

I simply love Mekong Delta...they were somewhat visionaires back in the day. Fave album must be Dances Of Death (And Other Walking Shadows) Jorg Michael drum performance is absolutely fantastic.

Concerning Deathrow, I still have Deception Ignored on vinyl...if anyone wants to trade for the cd version, you're very welcomed!!

Deathrow's "Deception Ingored" is a brilliant album in my opinion and should be owned by anyone that is into progressive/technical heavy music....

I really dig the old Mekong Delta stuff.... Everything up to "Dances of Death (And other walking shadows)" is exceptional.... The first album is more standard speed metal but still pretty good....

On a sad note.... It has been rumoured that Ralf Hubert has taken up programming as his profession now which I did a search on and basically confirmed.... It does in fact appear that he is involved with programming although the email address was still linked to "zardozmusic.de" so there still may be some hope but it doesnt look good.... :cry:

Pois0nSeed said:
Yea, the Requiem was as magnificent as a...requiem should be ;) Beethoven is an overdose of drama to me, giving food to the extremely hardmelt, slow and heavy compositional phenomenon that was later to be called Wagner. It's hard for me to enjoy that type of music.
On the other hand, I'd say the technical, melodical and generally compositional aspects of the baroque, pre-baroque and renaissance era are propably unsurpassed in the western world musical history. There are too many ''diamonds'' to be found during those years, it's not even worth trying to write down a few of them.

Myself, I'm the other way round. I like some of Beethoven's works, but hardly anything earlier than that. A few baroque pieces do rock in my book, mainly organ works, but fellows like Sibelius, Ravel, Stenhammar, Stravinsky... my fave music is all post-1850... :Spin: