Does this not just sum it all up?

Joe5now

Watcher in the Sky
Aug 31, 2003
Visit site
Sorry to waste a topic on this but I had to let you all know...
Sub-headline on the front of the latest Kerrang...

"Slipknot - New Masks Revealed!"

I know hatred of Kerrang has been discussed to death on this board, but this is even funnier than Nightwish being 'nu-goth'! :D

Just the whole Kerrang 'thang'... you know?? The nu mentality. Maybe it's just me that finds that funny. Ah well :(

:-\ I'm guessing I must be the only one who sees it as being funny! Slipknot, the band who wear masks to 'make it not about the way we look' are featured because the unveiling of their new masks is such an -important- event! Imagine all the kiddies reading that magazine who will be going 'WOW! can't wait to see the new masks!'.
No?

Okay this is the last topic I'll make, sorry.

Joe5now said:
:-\ I'm guessing I must be the only one who sees it as being funny! Slipknot, the band who wear masks to 'make it not about the way we look' are featured because the unveiling of their new masks is such an -important- event! Imagine all the kiddies reading that magazine who will be going 'WOW! can't wait to see the new masks!'.
No?

joe why be sorry i just er..dont geddit or maybe im not paying attention enough...bugger :erk:

Joe5now said:
No?

Apologise for what?

Start another topic up as soon as you think of one!

A good old slagging of kerrang is most welcome on here and we've not done it a for a few weeks. Keep up the good work!

I hear ya sam, fret ye not... Its irony man! wow i feel like a student... just that phrase makes me feel like a twat... hmm... kerrang do indeedneed to make their pages more cotton like so that when wiping our asses with it we dont get paper cuts or any other bum wiping induced afflictions...

I just thought it was along the lines of OK! or Hello when it says
'J-Lo with rip in dress!'
or
'Brad Pitt reveals new brand of hair wax!'

So if you don't get it, there :p ;)

Jonoleth said:
I hear ya sam, fret ye not... Its irony man! wow i feel like a student... just that phrase makes me feel like a twat... hmm... kerrang do indeedneed to make their pages more cotton like so that when wiping our asses with it we dont get paper cuts or any other bum wiping induced afflictions...

why would you spend so much on toilet paper? can get decent pack of 4 in safeway (now morrison - enjoy the change O_O) for like less then £2

yes, kerrap isnt good enough to wipe my arse on... lol i got the idea of the topic, and thanks matey, works well a nice kerrang slagging, goes down a treat:)

id rather use reycled toilet paper for a penny a roll and gimme self a nice big rash than resort to even touching the magazine...:) hehehe

Maybe they'll soon have a dedicated lifestyle section. "This month Limp Bizkit will be mainly wearing..... an Adidas cap backwards" etc.

When I went to see Iron Maiden in Notts recently Bruce Dickinson was talking about Kerrap, so someone in the crowd threw a copy onstage. He tore it to pieces and then said it wasn't worth buying EVEN just to tear it up.

So certainly not worth it for bog roll then.

At the risk of getting ripped apart here, I'm going to 'sort of' stick up for Kerrang and the whole 'nu' thang...

Kerrang is crap and has been for years - we all know that and so we don't buy it. Slipknot aren't brilliant either so we don't buy their albums. Simple. It's called freedom.

However...

Imagine yourself as a 12 / 13 year old raised on Blue and Girls Aloud. Suddenly, one day you hear and see Slipknot. That is going to be the most awesome and terrifying and rebellious thing in your world ever.

From that day, you buy Kerrang, you watch the Osbournes, from there you hear of Sabbath,
from Sabbath descends pretty much everything in the metal spectrum. And as we all know, once you're 'in' you're in for life, and the desire to explore new bands and styles consumes you. Kids worship Slipknot, Slipknot worship Carcass. Work it out!

I got into metal aged 11 via Maiden's 'Run To The Hills' and from there found Priest, Rush, Motorhead, AC/DC and 22 years later I'm still discovering great new music. I caught the tail end of Kiss in make-up, and to me then Gene was pure evil- much like Slipknot are to kids now. Don't knock 'em for it.

We all start somewhere. We all go down in the pit. We all wear dodgy clothes in imitation of our fave bands. And then, we grow with it.

Bang that head that doesn't bang someone once said. And if Slipknot can get one teenage head banging that would have otherwise been listening to Westlife and walking round in identikit moron burberry, then more power to them.

Basically, it's metal innit?

Well, I'm with you in principal.

My objection to Kerrang is the attitude it started to take towards more traditional metal forms after Nu Metal came along, an then on into pop metal, etc.