Doing a metallica cover, "Of Wolf And Man"

Sounds ace man, not like the black album tone but ace never the less - kinda heavier really!

Yeah that was something I battled with at first. Try to emulate that tone or do my thing. Ultimately I think it made more sense to do something that sounded like me.

what are your 6505 settings, and which mike u used? and where u placed it
great sound!

Although I dont know that settings will help much, I used:
Gain-5
Low-7
Mids-2
Treble-6
Resonance-7
Presence 8 1/2

with an i5 almost direct on.

Tubescreamer was also used.

holy crap vocals sound AWESOME

Thanks dude! We were a little worried about pulling it off, but Justin killed it.

Once again thanks everyone for the kind words. Should have the whole thing up later in the week.

That is real bass dawg hahahahahahaha

@Dan this will be for Vanisher, but not the album. Just gonna be a release to pump things up a bit.

Great!

But I didn't like the vocals too much... I think its way too processed.
Did you use any pitch correction on some parts? (Maybe for the doubles)?

Drums are nice!

Pitch corrected on a word or two, but you wouldn't be able to hear it bc I didnt touch the vibrato or draw any lines. Literally just slid the note down, but either or def to each his own on that one. vocals just have verb and delay and no doubles bc didnt seem like we needed it in the end. maybe its the harmonies? who knows.

Vocals are perfect - not trying too hard to be exactly like Jaymz but capturing the emotion of the performance.

Guitars are an instant hard-on, you should bottle that shit and sell it to old men.

:headbang:

Drums sound exactly like Lars ;) ;)

Yeah that was something I battled with at first. Try to emulate that tone or do my thing. Ultimately I think it made more sense to do something that sounded like me.

Although I dont know that settings will help much, I used:
Gain-5
Low-7
Mids-2
Treble-6
Resonance-7
Presence 8 1/2

with an i5 almost direct on.

Tubescreamer was also used.

Thanks dude! We were a little worried about pulling it off, but Justin killed it.

Once again thanks everyone for the kind words. Should have the whole thing up later in the week.
what is I5?
which guitar u used?