DOMINICI (Ex DT singer) new CD OMG!!!!!!

Metaldrumz

Jul 18, 2002
You know I really wanted to hold back from posting this. I really did....but I cannot.

I just got the promo of the upcoming Dominici CD for review, and let me say this is AMAZING!! I actually got goosebumps listening to this. Its the 1st time since Pagans Mind's Celestial Entrance that a CD has hit me like this.

Charlie is out to make a statement IMO. This is absolutely mind blowing. The PROG METAL I love and have missed from DT. Heavy, ballsy, melodic, technical yet never losing the groove, or flow of the song. Im left here with my jaw on the floor.

I have played this damn thing 7 times today back to back, and have yet to grow tired of it. I know its only January but the only CD I can possibly think of beating this in 2007 is the Pagans Mind CD in September.

I talked to Charlie today on and off for about an hour, and told him, hes gonna turn a lot of heads.

The days of "oh he was just the mediocre singer for Dream Theater back when" days will be over. Honestly this disc blows away anything that DT has done since SFAM IMO. Again this is just my opinion but folks.....let me tell you.....keep an eye out for this sucker.

Charlie has givin me his blessing to play any track I want from his album on my show Wednesday. TUNE IN!! You will NOT be disappointed!

I know Solid Vision is pretty freakin good...but the guys here with Dominici...just freakin hot damn!

Is it March yet? WOW!!!!!!!!

The band on this release is Solid Vision...some very talented musicians. The musicianship should be excellent. Charlie's vocals may be what kills it. l'm thinking the mix in the studio will have to be kind. He definitely needs to redeem himself after his performance on DT's WDADReunite. It was way below par for DT...of course he dueted w/Labrie who had to handle the higher end stuff. Charlie just warbled all over the place. It's quite apparent why he was replaced in DT.

This will be a must buy for me, as I am a huge fan of SOLIDVISION, to me they are the shape of Progressive metal of the future. I have all their CDs and with Charlie as vocalist then i got to have it.

Song did indeed sound cool. Same as Jesus, first thing I missed was the WDADU tone on Charlie's voice, that would have elevated the tune ten fold for me personally.

Still, sounds promising!

This sounds like it could really be something powerful if it had even decent vocals. Charlie is way out of his league playing with these guys, and if they decide to take this thing to a live audience, he will be even more exposed than he is on the actual cd.

That being said, it IS nice to have Charlie back in the music scene, if for nothing else...comedy.

Add me to the "likes the song but doesn't like the change in Dominici's voice" list. I'll definitely check this out when it's released, though.

Im opposite of the majority it seems. Im not big on Dominici's voice on WDADU but dig it here.

Still been playing it religiously.

Yes the "Dominici" cd is great, BUT, This is really a SOLID VISION release. Maybe the lyrics are Charlie. But Charlie's name will help Solid Vision get what they truly deserve.