Don lays it down

Greeno

Oct 14, 2003
WV USA
This is the standard "one of us has to go" statements.... however what I found to be funny is that Don's new guitar player is his lawyer.... hahahahahaha

from blabbermouth

DON DOKKEN: 'GEORGE LYNCH Thought He Was God, And I Disagreed' - Aug. 12, 2004

In a recent interview with the Las Vegas Mercury, Don Dokken spoke about the disintegration of his working relationship with ex-DOKKEN guitarist George Lynch. Nowadays, Jon Levin — the band's attorney for 10 years — is playing guitar for the group, but Dokken still runs into Lynch from time to time — often with unpleasant results.

"We saw each other several months ago, and we spoke and had a nice conversation," Dokken said. "But then two days later, he said in an interview, 'I ran into Don, and I wanted to kick his ass right there on the spot.' He's a very petty human being. You'd think that he would have found some peace by now, but he's so filled with anger."

According to Dokken, Lynch still has not overcome his tragic flaw. "I'm not trying to be mean, but he had a really massive ego. It was just unbearable," Dokken said. "One day, I was having a bad day singing and he told me, 'It doesn't matter.' I was like, 'Of course it matters. I want to sing well.' And he says, 'No, people only come to see me play guitar. You guys are just here to fill up the stage.' I thought he was being facetious, but he was dead serious. So I always tell people that our relationship came down to a disagreement. He thought he was a god, and I disagreed."

sixxswine said:
So in short, George still has Roid Rages & he's still wearing a Coon on his dome?!

:lol: That about sums it up!

I do kind of agree with Lynch though... for me Dokken was all about his guitar playing.... however it sucks to hear that his ego is that big.

I always respected Pilson, he is a solid bass player. Plus he can sing... he was a lead singer in bands before being in Dokken. Don has a distinct voice but not what I would call a good voice... and Mick is alright, nothing special though.

Greeno, I don't think Lynch is the problem. I'll tell you why. Since leaving Dokken, he has done more with his career than Don has done with his. He has toured as an opening act, for serveral other acts & I have read recent interviews where the guy comes off as humble. He doesn't have this monster ego, like Don is always saying.
I do think that George is still pissed about how Don screwed him out of the royalities & stuff like that. If George got a band together & just did classic Dokken stuff, I would rsuh out to see that, rather than the Dokken cover band...

Fangface said:
Why these 2 egos still fight each other after so many years apart? Sad...
I think George has reason to, but Don? He's screwed everyone of the original DOKKEN members. I forget the story, but somehow in the early days, he basically gave Lynch no choice but to join Dokken. Something about having written several songs with Don & he wouldn't get credit if he didn't sign on the guitarist.... It was really evil, black mail kinda shit....