Doogie White fans, check out this album...

labrekk

Jul 16, 2002
Canada
Visit site
RATA BLANCA-The Forgotten Kingdom.

This is the brand new album by the legendary band from Argentina. They decided to release it in both their native tongue and in English. While their original singer (Adrian Barilari) seems to still be the "regular" singer, they asked Doogie White to do the vocals for the English version.

Monday 9th March 2009

After the solo Finnish shows Doogie does a quick turn around and gets on a plane to Buenos Aires, Argentina to record vocals for the "English" version of the latest Rata Blanca album.

"Walter Giardino and I were introduced when Rainbow toured South America in 1996. Having recorded several Gold and Platinum albums with his band Rata Blanca, Walter wanted to tap into the 'English speaking markets, like Scandinavia, Japan, Germany and America.' sic. I re-wrote the lyrics last summer and did the demos and so now it's time to get down to the serious business of getting Rata to new audiences."

Look out for studio reports from Doogie in the coming weeks.

Site content © Doogie White 2009.

I just finished playing the album and it rocks. Some damn fine traditional melodic hard rock/metal, which is what we usually get from Rata Blanca. But with the great vox of Doogie White (no offense to Barilari, which is a more than fine singer), it's even better.

So, if you like the recent stuff Doogie released with Cornerstone, that new Rata Blanca album should be right up your alley.

I had heard of the plans for this english language version bbut didn't realise it was out yet. I already have the spanish language version of The Forgotten Kingdom with Rata's original singer, Adrian Barilari but it will be interesting to hear Doogie's take on the material. It must be cool for Rata Blanca to work with an ex-Rainbow singer since the band is so heavily influenced by them.

May be a good idea. I of course being a long time fan of the band have all their albums. In general Argentinian bands don't have good singers in English, so using Doogie for an English version like I said may be a good idea.

I wonder if they had to rework the lyrics a lot, or if it's a straight-up translation.

I wonder if they had to rework the lyrics a lot, or if it's a straight-up translation.

In my experiece if you want that the lyrics fit the music, you have to do more than just straightforward translation.