DOPE Releases 'Hold On' Video

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
DOPE has released a music video for the first song "Hold On" off the band's long-awaited "Blood Money Part 1" album. The clip was directed by DOPE frontman Edsel Dope and his old friend and acclaimed video director Dale Rage Resteghini. "I think that it's fair to say that DOPE is one of the more evolved bands from our genre and time period," says Edsel. "Our new single, 'Hold On', is a great example of this. It sounds like DOPE, but it is clearly very modern, and in no way reflects a band who is stuck in its past. The hooks are melodic and memorable, while the musicianship is on full display. I'm very proud of DOPE's ability to walk that evolutionary line." Scheduled to release on October 28 via Entertainment One (eOne Music), "Blood Money Part 1", along with a plethora of bundle packages, meet-and-greets, and exclusive new merch designs, is available to pre-order at DopeTheBand.com. "This is by far, the most personal and vulnerable piece of art that I've ever released," adds Edsel. "Unlike some of DOPE's more theatrically driven works, 'Hold On' is totally uninhibited. It is a reflection of my own personal story, told through a singular piece of art. Truthfully, this was a very difficult piece for me to complete at times, but, in the end, it has also been a very healing experience. I hope that the vulnerability and sincerity will resonate with people " "Blood Money Part 1" track listing: 01. Intro: Confessions Of A Felon 02. Blood Money 03. Shoulda Known Better 04. Lexipro 05. Hold On 06. 1999 07. Razorblade Butterfly 08. Drug Music 09. A New Low 10. Hypocrite 11. X-Hale 12. End of the World 13. Selfish 14. Numb 15. Violet DOPE recently announced the U.S. dates of the "Die Mother Fucker Die" reunion tour, featuring support from the bands FLAW and MOTOGRATER. The DOPE reunion tour will feature the classic line up of Edsel Dope, Acey Slade, Virus and Racci Shay. Beginning September 13 in San Francisco, the tour winds through the U.S. before finishing up at the legendary Whisky A Go Go in West Hollywood on October 30.
dopeholdonsinglecover.jpg

Continue reading...