Doro on this tour

BlackRoseMetalHeart

Metal Mistress
Feb 4, 2006
Baltimore, MD - USA
www.myspace.com
I don't know if any of you have gotten a chance to see Doro on this tour, but she is fucking spectacular! I just got back from the show at Jaxx in Springfield, VA. Overall the show was great (Concrete Prophet, Highwire, Division, Chris Caffery, Belledonna, Doro) but I would say the Doro was certainly the highlight of the night with such an active on stage performance from the entire band. :headbang:

Her and Chris Caffery had great synergy on stage. Her bass player Nick is a hyperactive headbanger like no other - just fun a shit to watch. Johnny Dee is incredible on the drums. The guitarist who was filling in for Oliver (since he's on the Euro tour with Kamelot) - Luca Princiotta was also amazing. They played a great mixture of the newest album (Warrior Soul) and previous Doro and Warlock material.

I couldn't wait for this festival before. But now, after getting a taste of what we are in for in less than a week ... Let's just say no one will be leaving this year's festival disappointed. :headbang:

Anybody else seen Doro on this tour yet? What did you think? Maybe I'm just being a fangirl, but I thought their set was tight, and highly entertaining.

Anybody else seen Doro on this tour yet? What did you think? Maybe I'm just being a fangirl, but I thought their set was tight, and highly entertaining.

Tell me about it! That was fucking unreal Sunday night at Jaxx! I was right up there at the front. Getting to see Chris Caffery was a huge bonus on top of that. By chance, did you stick around after the show to see if Doro or Chris came out at all? I wanted to, but I had to split as I needed to get back home as I had a very early day that morning.

The real kicker is that I am actually going to be in the general Minneapolis/St. Paul area this Saturday (Hayward, WI). Unfortunately, that is the day of our family reunion so there was no way of getting out of that, otherwise I'd be so in for a side trip to see this festival! Figure it is about an hour and a half or so to Minneapolis from where I am at.

I did get some pictures from that Jaxx show though!...:

IMG_1709Medium.jpg

IMG_1716Medium.jpg

IMG_1712Medium.jpg

IMG_1707Medium.jpg

By chance, did you stick around after the show to see if Doro or Chris came out at all? I wanted to, but I had to split as I needed to get back home as I had a very early day that morning.

I did stick around for awhile and got to meet Nick (bass player) and Johnny Dee (drummer), but I didn't stay long enough to see if Doro or Chris came out. Nick also mentioned that since she had said that she had a cold that night, that she might not be out until much later if at all. I also had an early morning the next day, but ended up calling out of work "sick." :zombie: :lol:

Nice pictures by the way. I'll post a few of the ones I took as soon as they are done uploading.

So here are a few of my pictures from the show. (To bad they told us we couldn't take anymore after the first two songs. I was so busy rockin' out that I didn't get that many. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get plenty at the festival this weekend.)

m_c02dfe32aa73b6088f5a8c576e15ed7e.jpg

m_4e409e0615c46cd43fe052f3f3f06041.jpg

m_31e92e655c952934e0b5ada900ce85a4.jpg

m_06793732780ead022e4a77a2f1b7a1ea.jpg

m_afaa63a2d30a988ca4ed7b7c1ac2f3cb.jpg

m_9b0c43a387638d5013d9a5cb6eb45edc.jpg

m_5ed6c3de0cb7835e9d0cac35fd77efbe.jpg

m_c6589229c429287340d2cc5dedb17f5d.jpg

m_4eadce9ea7d550db0b5b72a10c25aa46.jpg

And finally one of me and Nick Douglas after the awesome show!

m_da607cbfadfcb7de5a8b91d0faa74025.jpg