Doubt Andre Matos?

PatrickHoyt

The Darkitecht
Jun 3, 2007
Daytona, Florida
This is a short History of Andre Matos and his accomplishments. (well I say short, its 22 minutes long...)

[ame]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=41806417[/ame]

I'd say he has more than enough qualifications to headline. :)

After researching more about him I actually have an even greater appreciation for Andre Matos.

One mediocre solo album does not a headliner make (despite the Angra and Shaman stuff). He's really not that great of a singer. In small doses yes. But not a headline shot. If he headlines then its just a good excuse for me to get an early dinner downtown. Just my opinion.

One mediocre solo album does not a headliner make (despite the Angra and Shaman stuff). He's really not that great of a singer. In small doses yes. But not a headline shot. If he headlines then its just a good excuse for me to get an early dinner downtown. Just my opinion.

Early dinner at 11 pm?

:lol:

Q, with every post you make I get more and more confused....What bands do you think are good???

Andre Matos is a huge feather in the cap for this fest. I was shocked to see him announced even. He ranks up thier with lots of the big names in Power metal for great song writing. His voice is amazing too by the way. Here is a guy who has done so much and you go and say that he isnt headline material?

It seems that you look for any reason to leave shows early. At the Helloween ? Gamma Ray show you said that Helloween wasnt that good but you left after the first song. You always have something negative to say about every band and show. Do you even enjoy anyone? You had that thread that mentioned disaster at the Nightwish show. When the disaster was your own unprepairdness.

I would love to see Andre Matos perform live. He has been one of my favorite musicians / singers for a long time.

I'm sorry Diabolik but you are an idiot and obviously did not read my post thoroughly. It was my opinion, MY PERSONAL OPINION that Andre Matos is not a great singer. I did not just come to this conclusion yesterday. I've always felt like this. I was a somewhat fan of Angra, Viper, and Shaman in the Matos era but could only deal with it in small doses like I stated. I like a lot of bands such as Helloween, Gamma Ray, Edguy, Rhapsody, Vision Divine, Iced Earth, Blind Guardian, Manowar, Anthrax, Kreator and the list is endless! You can ask anyone that personally knows me as a metal fan that I like the Angra stuff post Matos way more. As far as the negative stuff goes maybe its because I'n a little more brutally honest for your tastes? I don't like Andre Matos and I don't think he should be a headliner, big Friggin' deal! The world is not going to stop dude. Its just an opinion. Settle down and relax for Gods sakes.

Q, with every post you make I get more and more confused....What bands do you think are good???

Andre Matos is a huge feather in the cap for this fest. I was shocked to see him announced even. He ranks up thier with lots of the big names in Power metal for great song writing. His voice is amazing too by the way. Here is a guy who has done so much and you go and say that he isnt headline material?

It seems that you look for any reason to leave shows early. At the Helloween ? Gamma Ray show you said that Helloween wasnt that good but you left after the first song. You always have something negative to say about every band and show. Do you even enjoy anyone? You had that thread that mentioned disaster at the Nightwish show. When the disaster was your own unprepairdness.

I would love to see Andre Matos perform live. He has been one of my favorite musicians / singers for a long time.

Oh and the Helloween/ Gamma Ray thing had to do with health reasons that are really none of your goddamn business OK as well as the fact that Helloween did not sound good at all? If you think you want to say something about that I suggest you PM me. The Nightwish thing was NOT my unpreparedness but simply several things that did not line up that Saturday night. I vented my frustrations and unfortunately tools like you take it the wrong way.

I think he is more than qualified with the accomplishments he has under his belt. He has more than enough material to headline with too! :kickass:

If anyone leaves, then thats more room in the venue for the people that are actually interested in Andre Matos. :Smug:

could have done without the junior high arguments in my thread. :lol:

I'll win LOL

BTW Hoyt- Wasn't able to attend the JOP unfortunately. I will explain more in an e-mail tonight.

Q, if we had a street fight....you would have an excuse for not showing up.

I can care less that you dont like Matos. Just claiming that he isnt worthy as a headliner is what I am cracking on you about. I dont like lots of bands that play ProgPower but I respect the level and the quality that they are. I am not a fan of any of the acts on saturday for the next line up but it is a solid line up in quality hands down. Each one of those bands deserve to be there. Each have earned it. Like Matos, who has been such an influence in the Brazilan metal scene as much as the metal scene around the globe. I am a big fan of Matos from Viper, Angra, Shaman, Virgo and his solo stuff to his many guest appearences on other bands CD's. I understand that his voice is not for everyone...but to say not headliner material is insane.

Also....I am one fo the mst brutally honest people on this planet.....thus see the Powerfest forum. My many opinions and honest truth no longer allow me to be there. Nothing bothers me asides ignorance.

I did see you and some very older lady (mom perhaps) at the Helloween show.
I know you mentioned that you needed somewhere to sit. The one of many downfalls of the Pearl Room. You could have leaned against the rail that you were next to for support. They sounded dead on. I dont know what Helloween disc you own but they were spot on that night and pulled out a great performance. Everyone has been bashing Helloween on this tour. I had no issues with them other than the medley....as long as that went on for, they could have played Power and Where the Rain Grows in full and got a better reaction. You left and missed a great night. sorry pal.

I just get tired of threads about.....this band doesnt deserve to be the headliner. Matos has paid his dues. Just because he doesnt have 10 CD's out doesnt mean he cant headline. He has enough material from previous bands to cover the time. His solo disc is very good. Not amazing. But it definetly grows on you. I bet live it would be amazing to hear and see.

Q, if we had a street fight....you would have an excuse for not showing up.

I can care less that you dont like Matos. Just claiming that he isnt worthy as a headliner is what I am cracking on you about. I dont like lots of bands that play ProgPower but I respect the level and the quality that they are. I am not a fan of any of the acts on saturday for the next line up but it is a solid line up in quality hands down. Each one of those bands deserve to be there. Each have earned it. Like Matos, who has been such an influence in the Brazilan metal scene as much as the metal scene around the globe. I am a big fan of Matos from Viper, Angra, Shaman, Virgo and his solo stuff to his many guest appearences on other bands CD's. I understand that his voice is not for everyone...but to say not headliner material is insane.

Also....I am one fo the mst brutally honest people on this planet.....thus see the Powerfest forum. My many opinions and honest truth no longer allow me to be there. Nothing bothers me asides ignorance.

I did see you and some very older lady (mom perhaps) at the Helloween show.
I know you mentioned that you needed somewhere to sit. The one of many downfalls of the Pearl Room. You could have leaned against the rail that you were next to for support. They sounded dead on. I dont know what Helloween disc you own but they were spot on that night and pulled out a great performance. Everyone has been bashing Helloween on this tour. I had no issues with them other than the medley....as long as that went on for, they could have played Power and Where the Rain Grows in full and got a better reaction. You left and missed a great night. sorry pal.

Did I ever say that I thought Matos didn't deserve it? No. I just mentioned I wasn't a fan. I know that there are TONS of people that love what he did with Viper, Angra, Shaman, Virgo, and his solo stuff. I have no doubt at all that he will draw a lot of people, and thats great. Remember all this is is 1 persons opinion. I cannot stress that more. I'm sure there are bands/ performers that I like that if they headlined you might not stick around for. Its just a matter of different tastes.

By the way that lady I was with was 12 years younger than I (26) so you better get your eyes checked LOL I still think it seemed like Helloween was not into their performances. According to the Helloween message boards I am not alone in that respect. I thought Gamma Ray was AMAZING and I couldn't ask for more. I loved every second of it. I think Gamma Ray is a better and more consistent band anyway. But again just an opinion.

This isn't aimed at the Q in particular, but .... I dunno ... when you come out with a "Andre Matos isn't headline material" type of line inside of a pro Andre Matos thread it's bound to draw some responses. If you can deal with that, cool ... if not you're probably best to avoid saying such things. I think they say that if you can't take the heat you are probably best to stay out of the kitchen.

Britt

This isn't aimed at the Q in particular, but .... I dunno ... when you come out with a "Andre Matos isn't headline material" type of line inside of a pro Andre Matos thread it's bound to draw some responses. If you can deal with that, cool ... if not you're probably best to avoid saying such things. I think they say that if you can't take the heat you are probably best to stay out of the kitchen.

Britt

So what you are saying is that opinions aren't welcome on the forum anymore? Thats all I was doing was giving my opinion on a thread titled "Doubt Andre Matos?" Actually I did, so I wrote why and now I'm getting bashed. Whatever guys! And for the record I can take the heat better than most. That doesn't mean that I'm just going to sit and let people take shots at me. I'll stand up and defend myself just like anyone should. Shouldn't I have the same right as people responding to my comment? or is that a double standard now?