Doubt Andre Matos?

Eloy Casagrande, one of the best prog/power metal drummers ever, and he's 16).
He's STILL 16?! Doesn't this kid ever get a birthday?

Just had to mess with ya. :heh: Eloy's b'day is January 29, 1991 so if he's in the line up for PP, he'll be the ripe old age of 18, no? And yea, he is a phenomenal drummer. :headbang:

He's STILL 16?! Doesn't this kid ever get a birthday?

Just had to mess with ya. :heh: Eloy's b'day is January 29, 1991 so if he's in the line up for PP, he'll be the ripe old age of 18, no? And yea, he is a phenomenal drummer. :headbang:

:lol: Fine, 17... :p

Next year we'll make sure to say he's still 16. It'll be his third year at 16 years old.

Interesting. I had never heard either version. However, the Sisters of Mercy version is much cooler. Then again, I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the whole Goth scene. I think it goes back to my love of vampire movies. Between this track and the Warrell cover, I think I'm going to have to pick up one of their discs.

Zod

I finally watched the video. Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the Matos-fronted Angra has sold 1,000,000 records or have they sold 1,000,000 records when sales from both Edu and Andre are Matos are counted?

Zod

According to Wikipedia:

1993 Angels Cry JVC Japan - - - - 350.000 Gold (JP)
1996 Holy Land Eldorado - - - - 350.000 Gold (JP)
1998 Fireworks Paradoxx Music - 41 - - 250.000 -

But did you know that it's a cover song? :p Oh man Patrick... we're supposed to be in the same age bracket but this officially makes me feel much older :lol: :erk: I was quite surprised when it started playing on the video because a.) I had no idea he covered it with one of his bands, b.) it's from a whole other part of my life that doesn't usually mix with the ProgPower world, and c.) it's one of the least likely songs I would have expected to be featured during the announcement of a South American power metal band. When that video was playing, my face was this: :err: while simultaneously :headbang:

Then again, it's not Sisters of Mercy are all that popular with the ProgPower crowd. :lol:

I actually thought they were pretty cool, could have done without the bad singing freaky looking chicks but I dug the cultish/80's rock vibe.

Andre Matos is among my top 5 reasons that PPUSA X is gonna be so damn awesome! Can't wait to hear him sing his new solo stuff as well as the best of Angra and Shaman! His set is SO gonna kill!:worship:rock::kickass:

Also, I think people spend too much time worrying about the quality of the band labeled as the "headliner" It's a festival. It should be viewed as a whole package, and not just as a "headliner and support acts"

I have been attending since PPII, but I rarely stay for the full set of the "headliner". I prefer the lessor known bands and don't get excited over most the "big selling" bands that Glenn books. Most are over-rated and not my taste in music. For instance, this year I had no interest in Amphorsis but stuck through an hour of their death vocals before bailing. I also thought Iced Earth was way too loud. I like some of their music but the new albums do little for me.

Next year, I'll probably stay through Matos since I like him and will be interested to hear his song choices. I suspect Glenn will have some suggestions for him. :headbang:

Next year, I'll probably stay through Matos since I like him and will be interested to hear his song choices. I suspect Glenn will have some suggestions for him. :headbang:

Speaking of that...

Out of curiosity, Glenn, is there any songs that you "specially requested"?

This is a short History of Andre Matos and his accomplishments. (well I say short, its 22 minutes long...)

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=41806417

I'd say he has more than enough qualifications to headline. :)

After researching more about him I actually have an even greater appreciation for Andre Matos.

okay well i'm probably quite late in responding to this but I didn't read any (well maybe like 3) of the argumentative posts following, but i'd like to say anyway thank you Patrick for sharing. It has made me respect him much more as a musician now and I do enjoy many of the things that he has to offer :) Before bashing a musician/band i'd advise some people to do some research before opening their mouths. If you don't like it, congratulations that you're a minority but please respect others just as we respect you.

I'm looking forward to next year very very very much !!! :cool:

Wow. That just boggles my mind.

Zod

I got into Metal because Angra's Make Believe video was number 1 on MTV Brasil version of TRL... no joke! The day I purchased holy land I also got Silverchair's Freak...

When the first Shaman album came out Andre was dating a MTV VJ... he was on all the gossip magazines and stuff =P

it was pretty funny, he became sort of a B celebrity... even on that video (around 17:30) there is a part that he is getting an award for the most famous man on earth from MTV... ahah they had a segment in which the viewers would call in and vote on who they thought was the biggest celeb between 2 candidates.. Andre started out beating some not so famous people, but it because a running joke (on the internet, talk shows,etc) and everybody started voting for him... So he started to beat the likes of michal jackson, Ozzy, Madonna... LOL they had to retire Andre from the show because he was "too famous" :lol:

This is a short History of Andre Matos and his accomplishments. (well I say short, its 22 minutes long...)

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=41806417

I'd say he has more than enough qualifications to headline. :)

After researching more about him I actually have an even greater appreciation for Andre Matos.

Heck yea! WAIT A SEC! I haven't been here in a while...as I'm reading through the thread..ANDRE MATOS has been announced??!? Jiminy Crickets! I'm DEFINITELY going to the next Progpower! He's been my most favorite singer for years, since at least Angels Cry when I found out about him/them!

277699.jpg

LOL