DOWN Bassist PAT BRUDERS Quit CROWBAR After 'Ultimatum' From KIRK WINDSTEIN

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
CROWBAR guitarist/vocalist Kirk Windstein, who exited DOWN in September 2013 in order to focus "100%" on CROWBAR, spoke to Ghost Cult magazine about his decision to leave the Philip Anselmo-fronted outfit."You have some people who said I should have stuck around with DOWN," he said. "People think I'm nuts, but I'm not. I believe in CROWBAR. Even though DOWN's a bigger band…"He continued: "You know who our crew is? My wife. She works for free. "As much money as I made with DOWN… I work a lot harder. I carry my own guitars and set up my own shit. I don't give a fuck. That's the way I started out and that's the way I am. It's humbling."Windstein also talked about CROWBAR's split with bassist Pat Bruders, who up until recently was also pulling double duty with DOWN and CROWBAR. Forced to make a choice, Bruders stayed with DOWN, leaving the door open for Windstein to replace him with former THY WILL BE DONE bassist Jeff Golden."I kind of gave [Pat] an ultimatum," Kirk admitted. "I said, 'I'm only doing CROWBAR. If you want to stay in DOWN, I understand that. But,' I said, 'You can't be in both.'"He continued: "I'm happy and that's all that counts. "We have Jeff. He's a great guy and he's one of my best friends now and he rocks with the band with us now."Windstein was replaced in DOWN by the band's longtime stage manager and HONKY founding guitarist Bobby Landgraf.CROWBAR's latest album, "Symmetry In Black", sold around 3,900 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 68 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD came out in North America on May 27 via Entertainment One Music.

More...