Down Show Review (by Zanex)

THE PASSENGER

New Metal Member
May 7, 2002
WINCHESTER, KENTUCKY
Visit site
DOWN SHOW REVIEW: MAY 6, 2002 BOGART'S (CINCINATTI, OHIO):

THE SHOW WAS PRECEDED BY A FILM WHICH SHOWED DOWN WORKING ON THEIR LATEST ALBUM AND INCLUDED DRUNKEN, INTOXICATED MADNESS ALONG WITH VIDEO CLIPS FROM BANDS THAT APPARENTLY INFLUENCED DOWN. ARRIVED AROUND 8 P.M. AND A VIDEO SCREEN WAS ON THE STAGE SHOWING JIMI HENDRIX PLAYING LIVE. THEN, A VIDEO OF THE ROLLING STONES WAS SHOWN AND THIS WAS MET WITH THE CROWD SHOUTING "DOWN" AND BOOING AND GIVING THE STONES THE FINGER. I DON'T KNOW IF THESE VIDEOS WERE PART OF DOWN'S MINI-FILM OR NOT. NEXT, THE SCREEN WENT BLACK AND SAID DOWN AND STARTED SHOWING THE FILM OF MAKING THE NEW DOWN ALBUM. HIGHLIGHTS OF THE FILM INCLUDED VIDEO CLIPS FROM BLACK SABBATH, KISS, QUEEN, THIN LIZZY, SLAYER, AND LED ZEPPELIN. THE FILM WAS AROUND 30-40 MINUTES. DOWN'S SET LIST INCLUDED THE FOLLOWING: THE SEED, THERE'S SOMETHING ON MY SIDE, TEMPTATIONS WINGS, LIFER, LYSERGIK FUNEAL PROCESSION, REHAB, LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES, NEW ORLEANS IS A DYING WHORE, LIES....., STONE THE CROW, ( I LOST TRACK OF THE ORDER THE REST OF THE SONGS WERE PLAYED) GHOSTS ALONG THE MISSISSIPPI, EYES OF THE SOUTH, BEAUTIFULLY DEPRESSED, AND BURY ME IN SMOKE (I THIN HAIL THE LEAF AN UNDERNEATH EVERYTHING WERE ALSO PLAYED). DOWN PLAYED ABOUT AN HOUR AND A HALF. SOUND WAS TOO BASS HEAVY FOR FIRST FEW SONGS THEN EVENED OUT. THE BACKDROP DEPICTED TREES AND A SWAMP SCENE AT NIGHT WITH THE DOWN LOGO. KILLER SHOW

sounds good man...i love the stones
i wish i could have been there

glad you had a good time

ON MAY 27 (my anniversary) We are planing on seeing MONSTER MAGNET in CINN......If nothing happens between now and then, and if you go...we may meet there

LEDMAG, I SAW MONSTER MAGNET WITH THE DEFTONES AND SUGAR RAY (WHEN THEY WERE SUPPOSEDELY METAL) AT A BAR CALLED THE WROCKLAGE (R.I.P) IN LEXINGTON YEARS AGO AND MONSTER MAGNET AND THE DETONED ROCKED. KYUSS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ON THE BILL BUT THEY BROKE UP BEFORE THE SHOW, (I REALLY LIKE KYUSS BY THE WAY). SORRY ABOUT THE WHOLE ALTER EGO "THE PASSENGER" BUT IT WAS THE ONLY WAY I COULD POST A NEW THREAD ON MY FRIEND SHANE'S COMPUTER.

I went to the show in MA and I agree with you about it being to bass heavy. You know "eyes of the south"? In the beginning where the bass just pedals a low E while guitars switch of blues licks? I all I COULD HERE WAS THE BASS!
Cool show though!

I had been to the wrocklage before.

I saw MM at A1A......on my birthday.

I love magnet...one of my favs
I have over 40 cd's by the magnet crew......i had to get that many to get all the bonus songs and the videos, and then a bunch of bootlegs....

Are you thinking of going to the MM show? If so, we need to TALK.....hahahaha

Both ledmag and Zanex live around Cinci, I'm from cinci, but couldnt make that down show, are you guys as pissed off as i am that so many bands pass Bogarts, and instead play cleveland or columbus. I know I am, last year the only good shows at bogarts were megadeth and slayer, i notice kentucky doesnt get any love, what is with that you guys got cheap cigarettes and liquor

Ha, we may have cheap cigs and stuff..but you have cheaper insurance, and property taxes, and many other things. We get it in the ass on property taxes.it costs a fortune to drive a car these days in KY..

ANd yeah man..its like we are in HELL.......I love good shows.....and very few make it near me.......
SHit man..bogarts is a long ass way too, but its like the best place for Z and I to see shows(and you as well i suppose, since you live near bogarts).........but it seems as of late, that soemthing is always in the way.

I hope like hell i get to see MM on the 27. They are there on the 29th as well..it would be a gas to see them both times.

ZANEX>>>>Cool man.....i hope we both make it this time hahahahhaha