DOWN's PEPPER KEENAN Offers Life Advice: 'Stay Clean'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
DOWN guitarist Pepper Keenan was interviewed at this year's edition of the Bloodstock Open Air festival, which was held August 7-10 at Catton Hall, Walton-On-Trent, West Midlands, United Kingdom. You can now watch the chat below.During a separate chat with TeamRock at Bloodstock Open Air, Keenan spoke about his current status with CORROSION OF CONFORMITY and whether he ever plans on doing anything with that band ever again.Keenan is still considered to be a member of CORROSION OF CONFORMITY but is not involved in the reunion of C.O.C.'s "Animosity" lineup, which was resurrected in 2010 and has been recording and touring ever since.Pepper told TeamRock: "The old C.O.C. thing's been coming up a lot. We're talking to Reed [Mullin, drums] and Woody [Weatherman, guitar] about getting that going."That's going to take a lot of attention. We're talking about just going to Europe and playing shows as the 'Deliverance' four-piece, and starting from there to get it back together."Back in May, Keenan told the Lubbock, Texas radio station 94.5 FMX about a possible reunion with CORROSION OF CONFORMITY: "The C.O.C. thing is still a pretty big part of my life and a big part of where I came from and how I got here. So the questions always come up all the time [about whether I will do something with C.O.C. again]. We are getting closer to solving that. Everybody is talking. We've had offers from a lot of different promoters all over the place. It's just a matter of [finding the] time [to do it right], you know, and not doing it half-assed. It has to be real. I'm not gonna jump into it for a paycheck. We all talk and we wanna get together and start writing and see what happens."Keenan joined CORROSION OF CONFORMITY in 1990, but he did not become the band's lead singer until the recording of "Deliverance", which came out in 1994.DOWN's latest EP, "Down IV - Part Two", sold around 10,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 23 on The Billboard 200 chart. The effort was released on May 13 via Down Records/ADA Music.

More...