Dragged Across The Forest Floor

Jolty

Monochromatic Stains
Dec 27, 2003
Calgary, Canada
www.last.fm
I'm in love with the lyrics of this song, because they remind me so much of the town I grew up in. In fact, if you changed the part where it goes "Ypres Road" to "Foothills Road", it could've be written about my hometown of Salmon Arm.

I have a fantasy of going back there and performing a cover of that song in front of them, but alas, I have no musical ability, and even if I did, nobody would come to watch me play. :lol:

Edit: Oh crap, as I was posting this, I realized that I typed "The" instead of "A" in the title. My bad. That should be "Dragged Across A Forest Floor."

Thank you for this thread. I'd never read or paid attention the lyrics to this song before now,and had considered it one of my least favorite songs on the album, but now that i have, that all changes.

its a great song.

"Wandering at night on Ypres Rd."

i like that neighbourhood, you lived in there Dave? Great thing about the woods there is that they lead you right to Silvers :p

p.s. good to see a thread like this, i always wondered why there are so few threads discussing songs-albums etc.

I love this track. Every track on Pursuit brings something new to the table for me, and I feel that Dragged Across a Forest Floor is the most refined WoY black metal track to date.

Probably my favourite WoY track. The "to me these woods are but a forest of metaphors, and nothing more. A path through the woods of my past, where I was dragged across a forest floor" part is so amazingly kickass, insanely good lyrics. The cleans at the end own too.