Dragonforce, Killswitch Engage, and Chimaira tour...

JosephAcevedo

Jul 31, 2005
Las Vegas
www.myspace.com
Well relating back to my last topic about metalcore/scene kids into power metal....

Here is a show for sure that could relate. However I'm gonna skipp this one i think because I personally can't stand Chimaira or Kill Switch Engage. I don't even like new Dragonforce plus I'm gonna spare myself of the hardcore spinwheel-ninja dancing.

Thats just how I feel though personally.

I understand it's not exactly Dragonforce's choice of what bands they tour with but if I were in the band i would try and get smaller power metal bands like Galloglass, Revoltons, Cloudscape, ect.. to bring on tour as support acts.

P.S. I hope for Dragonforce's sake that the band for next album doesn't start throwing in metalcore elements by letting their touring fans, ozzfest, and being signed to roadrunner getting to them.

This was posted in the thread titled something like 2nd great tour of the year. Though this name is better as there's not too much great about the tour so there's no getting anyone's hopes up. One band that I enjoy seeing live but don't listen to on a regular basis and 2 bands I wouldn't care about seeing.

I understand it's not exactly Dragonforce's choice of what bands they tour with but if I were in the band i would try and get smaller power metal bands like Galloglass, Revoltons, Cloudscape, ect.. to bring on tour as support acts.

I have my doubts about that happening. When we spoke to ZP Theart after the Atlanta show, he had a "only the strong survive" attitude towards fellow power metal bands. He was a cool guy, but that part of the conversation made me think that they are probably never going to really be a part of the power metal "community." Of course, from the way he said it, he could have been talking about a spate of start-up bands that he felt were trying to ride DF's coattails.

P.S. I hope for Dragonforce's sake that the band for next album doesn't start throwing in metalcore elements by letting their touring fans, ozzfest, and being signed to roadrunner getting to them.

Agreed. I don't hate metalcore, in fact I enjoy Killswitch Engage, but trying to graft popular "American" elements is always a sorry idea. It always makes the band doing it feel like they are running BEHIND the times instead of ahead of them.

Well relating back to my last topic about metalcore/scene kids into power metal....

Here is a show for sure that could relate. However I'm gonna skipp this one i think because I personally can't stand Chimaira or Kill Switch Engage. I don't even like new Dragonforce plus I'm gonna spare myself of the hardcore spinwheel-ninja dancing.

Thats just how I feel though personally.

Why would you start a thread just to rip on, dude you must be like 12.... a closet case of EMO, arnt you? Also this this topic has already been posted.

Wah.... I dont like KILLSWITCH wah!!!! wah!!!!:cry:

Not everyone reads all the threads and naming something like "great tour of the year" doesn't exactly scream what it has anything to do with.

While I enjoy Dragonforce, I just don't care for the other bands. No disrespect to them or anything, but I'll have to skip this tour.

Why would you start a thread just to rip on, dude you must be like 12.... a closet case of EMO, arnt you? Also this this topic has already been posted.

Wah.... I dont like KILLSWITCH wah!!!! wah!!!!:cry:

First of all I didn't see this topic already posted. 2nd i'm not on this forum everyday so i don't get to see every topic flying around ! Closet case emo? Well believe what you want to believe , i'm not on this website to please people like you anyhow. I am who i am and i like what i like take it or leave it, it doesn't matter to me. Forums exist as part of freedom of speech. so if you don't like what i post then just ignore it .

Dragonforce put on a killer show last time they hit up Atlanta as an ozzfest off-date, and I highly recommend anyone in for a good time to go. Get drunk, and enjoy the sheer fun that is Dragonforce. :kickass:

Dragonforce are fun, but they need to be on a fucking power metal tour (even if they are the headliner). At least get Cellador on tour with them or something...

Dragonforce are fun, but they need to be on a fucking power metal tour (even if they are the headliner). At least get Cellador on tour with them or something...

i agree totally

i love dragonforce but id hate to site through 2 other bands which i absolutely HATE (cause of their genre)

they dont fit well with those bands.

Record labels try to make those touring packages based on popularity, not based on logic. That's why Trivium toured with Amon Amarth and Children of Bodom.

I wish that labels would wake up and start making more cohesive touring packages: like Daylight Dies, Katatonia, Moonspell. That tour MADE SENSE... and kicked ass because of it.

Wow just the fact that you refer to KSE and Chimaira as "scene kids" and assume hardcore dancing/kicking goes on at these shows tells me you know next to nothing about these bands. Both bands put on badass shows, Killswitch was probably the roughest show Ive been to other than Slayer...and Chimaira are BRUTAL. I suggest their self titled, Kevin Talley drums on it, its a BEAST.

Pure Fucking Metal :kickass:

I dont get it...If you don't like the openers either sip a few cocktails at the bar during or just make it a point to go late and enjoy the band your into.

Wow just the fact that you refer to KSE and Chimaira as "scene kids" and assume hardcore dancing/kicking goes on at these shows tells me you know next to nothing about these bands. Both bands put on badass shows, Killswitch was probably the roughest show Ive been to other than Slayer...and Chimaira are BRUTAL. I suggest their self titled, Kevin Talley drums on it, its a BEAST.

well,i saw a live video of killswitch on headbangers ball,and yea,there was hardcore dancing.maybe they saw the video or have heard about it.so i will have to say that they prolly do know something about the band.

I wish that labels would wake up and start making more cohesive touring packages: like Daylight Dies, Katatonia, Moonspell. That tour MADE SENSE... and kicked ass because of it.

That was the most intelligently put-together metal touring package I have ever seen. I can't speak on the business end of things, but as far as appropriateness of bands go..that was tops.

Kevin Talley is one of the most brutal drummers in the universe!

#1 FLO MOUNIER
#2 KEVIN TALLEY
:worship: