Dragonforce, Killswitch Engage, and Chimaira tour...

Record labels try to make those touring packages based on popularity, not based on logic. That's why Trivium toured with Amon Amarth and Children of Bodom.

I wish that labels would wake up and start making more cohesive touring packages: like Daylight Dies, Katatonia, Moonspell. That tour MADE SENSE... and kicked ass because of it.

the Nevermore, Evergrey, Throwdown and In Flames tour had a good dose of everything IMO. hardcore, prog, prog/thrash and melodeath.

I agree about putting bands that fit on tour, but when you're looking at it from the other side, I think it makes just as much sense. They want to push DragonForce into touring with bands that aren't power metal to give them a wider audience to perform for, and as far as I know, RR doesn't want DragonForce apart any Power Metal tours/festivals. It could change, I'm sure. I don't agree BECAUSE I am a Power Metal fan and would love to see these guys bringing in some European acts to help open doors for other bands like that, but... can't always get what we want.

I don't even like new Dragonforce

So I guess you don't like that one song...

I agree about putting bands that fit on tour, but when you're looking at it from the other side, I think it makes just as much sense. They want to push DragonForce into touring with bands that aren't power metal to give them a wider audience to perform for, and as far as I know, RR doesn't want DragonForce apart any Power Metal tours/festivals. It could change, I'm sure. I don't agree BECAUSE I am a Power Metal fan and would love to see these guys bringing in some European acts to help open doors for other bands like that, but... can't always get what we want. ...

I wish they put bands that fit a tour as well. I mean they don't necessarily need to put Dragonforce on tour with only power metal bands, but bands that have more of the same elements but at the same time a different style as well. I mean if Dragonforce did a tour package w/ Necrophagist, Into Eternity, Testament, and Daylight Dies. That would make more sense. Yes all the bands are different but all have enough similair elements. I do agree about getting other acts to help open doors for the genre too though.

So I guess you don't like that one song...

I don't know which song you speak of from the "Inhuman Rampage" album. I pretty much find the entire album uninspiring. I'm not saying that because they are now popular or on RR. I just plain and simple not into it. It lacks many elements that "Valley of the Damned" had.

Might I remind all... that Glenn already stated he's tired of the threads specifically started to rag on bands and/or people. If you ain't got something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

I'd dig seeing Dragonforce a 3rd time, and I'd definitely be entertained by Killswitch and Adam's crazy hilarious antics again. Don't start YET ANOTHER THREAD bitching about how you hate this tour matching or that support band.

I can't really expect everyone to NOT start flaming in a thread. That's the nature of the internet. But quit starting threads specifically TO flame a band.

Or I'll tell Bear to start eating people.

I'm not saying that because they are now popular or on RR. I just plain and simple not into it. It lacks many elements that "Valley of the Damned" had.

Like all that excess reverb and weak vocals and undefined muddy guitars? Sorry, but I appreciate their superior production quality and recording clarity. Their last two albums are quite better, and I find myself listening to Sonic Firestorm far more than Valley. If you're talking songwriting style and musical elements, that's another argument... cuz that's completely subjective and can be argued til the end of time with no one winning.

Like all that excess reverb and weak vocals and undefined muddy guitars? Sorry, but I appreciate their superior production quality and recording clarity. Their last two albums are quite better, and I find myself listening to Sonic Firestorm far more than Valley. If you're talking songwriting style and musical elements, that's another argument... cuz that's completely subjective and can be argued til the end of time with no one winning.

I just not into how the album was musically written . Yes i guess that can be argued til the end of time.

Might I remind all... that Glenn already stated he's tired of the threads specifically started to rag on bands and/or people. If you ain't got something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

I'd dig seeing Dragonforce a 3rd time, and I'd definitely be entertained by Killswitch and Adam's crazy hilarious antics again. Don't start YET ANOTHER THREAD bitching about how you hate this tour matching or that support band.

I can't really expect everyone to NOT start flaming in a thread. That's the nature of the internet. But quit starting threads specifically TO flame a band.

Or I'll tell Bear to start eating people.

Well like I said before I'm NOT always on the internet so I don't know everything that is happening or said on this forum. If anything there should be no more posts of prog/power elitism ! but hey we can't always get what we want and yes i guess this is what comes with the territory!

haha... I don't even like dragonforce that much, but love Killswitch.