Dragonforce to open PP IV?

YtseJammer

Mar 22, 2002
Long Island, NY
Visit site
With all the names being thrown around I figured I'd give my .02 cents and request Dragonforce...

As Dragonheart, their songs were CONSTANTLY number one on mp3.com

Renamed as Dragonforce, their debut album Valley of the Damned is phenomenal. Some of the best and most refreshing power metal I've heard in quite some time..these guys are extremely intense.

Dragonforce to open night one..
Pagan's Mind to open night two.....

Two new, incredible bands with three albums between the two of them...how about it?

(Both don't deserve to headline!...nowhere near the top slot..yet!)

Dragonforce would be a very nice opener, while Pagans Mind could be a second slot band IMO. Silent Force also only has two albums out and they played second slot last year. Pagans Mind is way better than those guys.

Exactly, while Silent Force may only have 2 albums out, DC Cooper has made a reputation for himself for years with Royal Hunt. Again, Pagans Mind released a great album, but lets see if they can keep them coming like bands like Kamelot, Angra, Symphony X, Helloween, Rhapsody, Nightwish, Threshold, Elegy, Stratovarius, Virgin Steele, Fates Warning, etc... Once they release another 2 albums on the same scale as their latest, then we can talk about them possibly headlining this festival. For now, they would fit nicely in the number one or possibly number 2 spot.

You guys should check out Power Quest (produced by Karl Groom from Threshold). They're opening up Bloodstock this year, along with Dragonforce.

Power Quest!! I've been looking for their album! Definitely in the same vein as Dragonforce (although I'm not quite sure they're as good...but I only heard one track "Far Away")..An interesting choice to say the least!

Power Quest and DragonForce are definitely pretty similar sounding, but I think DragonForce is clearly superior. I mean, in my opinion, the songs Valley of the Damned and Heart of a Dragon are pretty damn close to power metal perfection. Far Away is good, but aside from that, the Power Quest album lacks any real extraordinary songs. I'd still like to see them at PP though, and I'd LOVE to see DragonForce.

"dragonforce"
"valley of the damned"
"heart of the dragon"

I've never heard the band... but already I am assuming they're bereft of any sort of originality.

Originally posted by chibitotoro
Power Quest and DragonForce are definitely pretty similar sounding, but I think DragonForce is clearly superior. I mean, in my opinion, the songs Valley of the Damned and Heart of a Dragon are pretty damn close to power metal perfection. Far Away is good, but aside from that, the Power Quest album lacks any real extraordinary songs. I'd still like to see them at PP though, and I'd LOVE to see DragonForce.

I just checked out the Power Quest mp3 available to download from Ultimate Metal... I'm not sure if I like it or not... the incessant snare drum is way too high in the mix... and the chorus is both silly yet curiously entertaining

Originally posted by ProgMetalFan
I just checked out the Power Quest mp3 available to download from Ultimate Metal... I'm not sure if I like it or not... the incessant snare drum is way too high in the mix... and the chorus is both silly yet curiously entertaining

Yeah that was another thing that kind of bugged me, the mix didn't sound too great. Oh...and it's good to see that you listened to some DragonForce before judging the quality of their music based on the song titles. :bah:

Wow I thought the sound production to Wings of Forever was amazing. In fact, the quality of the four layer vocal harmonies under Clive Nolan's direction were astounding.

I guess that's the magic of Karl Groom and Thin Ice Studios!!

Originally posted by ProgMetalFan

It's possible they had the demo version of Far Away. That's what was floating around the internet for a good year before Wings of FOrever was released. The new version sounds much fuller w/better production. Check out the MP3 at the bands site. ( BTW, I think the CD is now available at The End Records for those looking for it.

I heard both Dragonforce and Power Quest and I'd pick Power Quest in a heartbeat! Dragonforce was boring. Didn't like em as Dragonheart and still not sold on them.

Originally posted by zinescene
It's possible they had the demo version of Far Away. That's what was floating around the internet for a good year before Wings of FOrever was released. The new version sounds much fuller w/better production.

Different vocalist too. Their current singer is the lead vocalist from Arthemis. That touch of 'Italiano' gives them a hint of 'Labyrinth' IMO.