Dreaded Silence (Katatonia-influenced), yes, I'm plugging.

Sinistas

Life Hangs Motionless
Dec 2, 2002
Harvard, MA
www.dreadedsilence.com
Massachusetts metal act Dreaded Silence are celebrating the arrival of their debut EP, Jet Black, Blood Red, with a release show at Bill's Bar in Boston on Friday, December 30.

The 6-song Jet Black, Blood Red shows the strength and diversity of Dreaded Silence's songwriting, drawing influence from bands such as Opeth, Katatonia, and Porcupine Tree. Two unmastered tracks from the EP can be sampled at this location, and the tracklisting is as follows:

1. Ghosts Or A God
2. Inside The Buzzard Circle
3. Gone By Daybreak
4. Jet Black, Blood Red
5. On Top Of The Glacier
6. Fields Of Sorrow (acoustic)

The Jet Black, Blood Red release show will be held at Bill's Bar, situated behind legendary Fenway Park on Lansdowne Street. Headlining the show is local horror-tinged hard rock band Voodoo Screw Machine, and opening will be video game metallers Powerglove. The show is $10, 21+, and starts at 9PM. For more information, contact Dreaded Silence at dreadedsilence@665.org.

---------------------------

If this isn't cool, feel free to delete...I've seen people post their stuff on here before. Here's an mp3 of Ghosts Or A God as tribute ;)

http://www.dreadedsilence.com/jetblack/01_dreaded_silence_-_ghosts_or_a_god.mp3

I fail to hear the Katatonia-influence really.

But what really pisses me off are those streaming players at all those myspace.com pages. Sometimes they work, sometimes they won't. I wanna hear Powerglove dammit!