Dream Evil

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Picked up their two discs from The End Records. What a fuckin' band?!
Great band on the "softer" side of things. Who else has heard this band?
Just imagine what they could put out if they had a budget like a band like Metallica?! Great band.

:hotjump:

Very good band, I'm worried about them becoming too repetitive or stale by putting out CD's too fast (Soilwork anyone?). I think if they take the time to really work on an album they'd have an absolute hit. Really like some of their stuff.

My favorite songs:

Children of the Night
Chasing the Dragon
The Prophecy

They are a great band with two killer albums. I am not worried about them being repetitive. I read an interview with Gus G. and when he was asked why the two albums came out so quick he said the stuff on "Dragonslayer" was actually recorded a year or two ago but did not see release until 2002 and then 2003's release "Evilized" was their recent work. I am happy they aren't sticking with the dungeons and dragons theme on the second album. Although I like that theme I can see it being repetive if they kept using it. I like how they show diversity. Anyway both albums so far are great and I look foward to more from this band in the future. Gus G. is one of the best guitarists today.

Orion Crystal Ice said:
Very good band, I'm worried about them becoming too repetitive or stale by putting out CD's too fast (Soilwork anyone?). I think if they take the time to really work on an album they'd have an absolute hit. Really like some of their stuff.

My favorite songs:

Children of the Night
Chasing the Dragon
The Prophecy

TheGraveDigger said:
They are a great band with two killer albums. I am not worried about them being repetitive. I read an interview with Gus G. and when he was asked why the two albums came out so quick he said the stuff on "Dragonslayer" was actually recorded a year or two ago but did not see release until 2002 and then 2003's release "Evilized" was their recent work. I am happy they aren't sticking with the dungeons and dragons theme on the second album. Although I like that theme I can see it being repetive if they kept using it. I like how they show diversity. Anyway both albums so far are great and I look foward to more from this band in the future. Gus G. is one of the best guitarists today.

A killer band they are. I like the first record & it's cool that on the Evilized disc they mixed it up a little & there wasn't the "theme" to the disc. Shit wish I would have heard of them earlier. Great, great band!:p They are top notch musicians. I can only hope they keep putting out records for many more years to come.

Exactly! Firewind is even better IMO, lots of awesome leads and powerful vocals, impressive drumming too.
And the Scorpions cover is very nicely done... !:headbang:

EDIT : if you like Gus G., also check out Mystic Prophecy (raw heavy metal) and Nightrage (melodic death), this young guy rips!

They are a great band indeed, wish I could have seen them together with HammerFall and Masterplan in Oslo in February :(

Dream Evil One Very Awesome Band,I Sore Them Play Live In Europe, Last Year Thay Kicked Ass Big Time, If Ya Like Dream Evil Check Out Lost Horizon.
headbob.gif

I haven't head Dream Evil yet (I plan on it after reading through this thread), but I did a review of the new Throne of Chaos disc 'Pervertigo' recently. In the promo material, they state that ToC have recruited Niklas Isfeldt from Dream Evil. He has a great voice, so I'm eager to hear his work with Dream Evil.

Kick ass band. I love them. I admit I was at first worried about the generic dungeons & dragons type of thing, but they definetly diversified with their sophomore effort. Talented band and if they keep up and progress, they can easily become Power Metal mainstays, if you ask my opinion of them.

Mr.Torture said:
Kick ass band. I love them. I admit I was at first worried about the generic dungeons & dragons type of thing, but they definetly diversified with their sophomore effort. Talented band and if they keep up and progress, they can easily become Power Metal mainstays, if you ask my opinion of them.

The D&D theme also was a concern to me, but took the gamble on both of their records & like you found their second effort to be a step away from that & equally as great.

DREAM EVIL’s website (www.dreamevil.mu) reports that the band will soon release a mini-CD through Century Media featuring unreleased songs and a video for the track ‘Children Of The Night’. Complete details will be announced soon.

In related news, the site also reports that the bands Evilized album recently entered the National Japanese charts at #70 in its first week of its release.