Dream Setup questions

Matthias King

The Machine
I've been thinking about what kind of setup I'd put together if I had millions in funds to play around with.

My question is this: if I were to put together a setup for recording guitar, among other things, I'd run a channel for doing D.I.'s, not sure what piece I'd use for that. I'd also set up a Peavey 6505 w/ Mesa 412, and a Mesa Dual Rec with Mesa 412, with 2 Audix i5's and 1 Royer R-121 on each cab.

The thing I can't decide is what preamp I'd use for the i5's, which for the Royer, and which for running the D.I. box into.

Also not sure what D.I. box I'd use if I had my choice of anything.

Of course it's all stupid because I'll never have any of it, but I think about it sometimes anyway, which is why I put it in off-topic instead of equipment, because it's just stupid dreaming.

My dream setup:

Clean(Both running at the same time.):
Electro-Harmonix POG(+1 & -1 octave for "richness".) -> Boss CE-2 -> Fender Deluxe Reverb
Roland JC120 -> Lexicon PCM70

Rythm:
Rangemaster Treble Booster -> Marshall 1959SLP -> Loadbox -> Echoplex -> Clean Solid State Poweramp -> 2 x Marshall 4*12 with Celestion Greenbacks

Lead:
Parametric EQ -> Caswell Marshall 1959T -> Lexicon PCM70 -> Echoplex -> 2 x Marshall 4*12 with Celestion Greenbacks

I own my dream setup minus one piece of gear!

5150 wJJ's into a Vintage Marshall Cab with V30s and GT65's

The one piece of gear I am missing that I would love to have was part of my live rig is a Roland JC120 for my clean sound!

My dream setup is a long way away.

I'd love to go all analogue, everything recorded to tape, every drum mic'd with multiple mics on the top and bottom, every single cymbal spot miced, ridiculous room micing, the works.