dream theater kick

Tachy

Senior Fuckers
Dec 9, 2005
In Italy
Hi guys I'm in search of a dream theater kick, i love that kick!
There's one of you guys that have this sample?

Their kick sound has been largely the same since Falling Into Infinity.

i dunno if i'd say that, on Falling to Infinity the kick and snare were both triggered, the albums since haven't had that so much, its mostly natural drum sounds, or at least, you can't hear the triggers if they're there.

i may be wrong but, i think thats about right.

i dunno if i'd say that, on Falling to Infinity the kick and snare were both triggered, the albums since haven't had that so much, its mostly natural drum sounds, or at least, you can't hear the triggers if they're there.

i may be wrong but, i think thats about right.

The snare on Falling Into Infinity isn't triggered, from what I recall. It's been ages since I listened to that album- to any DT, really- but I remember the snare in Burning My Soul having no two hits sound alike. It was pretty obviously acoustic.

The only one that sounded really heavily triggered to me (outside of the kicks; they may be acoustic, just heavily processed, but they sound so fake) was Images And Words, and I can't stand that album anyway, total '80s yuck.

The snare on Falling Into Infinity isn't triggered, from what I recall. It's been ages since I listened to that album- to any DT, really- but I remember the snare in Burning My Soul having no two hits sound alike. It was pretty obviously acoustic.

The only one that sounded really heavily triggered to me (outside of the kicks; they may be acoustic, just heavily processed, but they sound so fake) was Images And Words, and I can't stand that album anyway, total '80s yuck.

Oh christ, i got the albums the wrong way around!! Thats the one i meant.

i've always been into Dream Theater.... i've known Portnoy, to a lesser degree Petrucci, for years now and we always chat when we run into one another and he's a great guy and phenomenal drummer... just got the new one though, and while i like it a lot musically, the mix doesn't really fire me up at all..... and i actually dislike the kick.

stevemikejamesSm.jpg

great playing throughout the CD, as you'd expect from DT. great band.

Images and Words is the only album with triggers on it (I believe every drum was triggered), hence the machine gun rolls, Portnoy hated the sound so much that he has never used any triggers since.

SAMPLES.... you are not talking about triggers.. none of you... you mean samples. triggers and samples are two very different things.

dammit.

;)